May 18th, 2010

Earthquake hits Southern California

map

A 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck Southern California on Tuesday evening, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake was centered 18 miles west-southwest of El Centro, California,
just north of Mexicali in Mexico's Baja California, the USGS said. It struck at
a depth of 6.3 miles.

"This earthquake is within the aftershock zone of a magnitude 7.2 (earthquake) that occurred on April 4" near Mexicali, said Susan Potter of the USGS. "This is an area that was exposed to many large earthquakes in the past."

At least two people were killed and 100 injured in the April 4 quake.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake
  1. Ken Caples

The answer to all of the issues facing California is on the way! Lets just call it the big one!!! Once California drops off into the ocean life will be better for the rest of us. We can only hope that Arizona took action soon enough and the majority of illegal aliens have migrated to California first 🙂

May 18, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • deli_gal

Ummmmm, you are a big jerk?

May 18, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • steveinkc

At least they can blame it all on bush.

May 19, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

God–"Vengeance is mine, and retribution." Deuteronomy 32:35

May 19, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • tuna74

Hay Arizona Is going to be the new Water front property of the USA.

Boy Am i glad I bought a ticket On the Hell Express.

May 19, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. FITA

Sorry. I meant "glad to know nobody in San Diego was hurt." I guess I need to proofread my comments more thoroughly in the future before posting. Anyway, michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com does have some really interesting info on this stuff. I encourage you to visit that site. No need to type "www" in the address.

May 18, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Courtenay

Apparently, some Americans are actually celebrating this and hoping that California falls into the ocean. What is wrong with you people? I don't like some of the policies that Florida has enacted, but you wouldn't see me jumping for joy if my countrymen in the Sunshine State were hit by a hurricane.

May 18, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • efrain

This should not surprise you Courtenay, human beings cannot live amongst each other without hatred getting in the way.

May 19, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. deli_gal

"Come on People now, smile on your brother, every body get together now and love one another."

May 18, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • efrain

good thought, but very unlikely, peace is a myth.

May 19, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • deli_gal

"Come to San Francisco with a flower in your hair"

May 19, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. deli_gal

Keep coming Mexicanos!

May 18, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. james

Earlier someone posted that they want Pacific Palisades to go down in an earthquake. I love Pacific Palisades, and besides it is the home of actor Anthony Hopkins.....have the lambs stop screaming Clairice ?

May 18, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Calvin Hobbes

Listen everyone, including illegal immigrants, this was just another warning that California is going to fall into the ocean. As Lex Luthor recommends, buy land in Nevada or Utah for beachfront property.

May 18, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • efrain

I am pretty sure that illegal immigrants are not listening, why?, because most likely they do not have internet access, why?, because most likely they are not paid very well for whatever it is that they do, mind boggling, is it not?

May 19, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • ladybarron

@ efrain – They do have internet in some locations that can be accessed. They have plenty of ways to know.

May 19, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • tuna74

Nope ,sorry The Illegal Alien's Are boycotting Mexico".
      Thats why they are All coming Here.
      But I heard that La with their bocotting will soon be boycotting all 49 states.
      OH, boy That was really funny,Ha,Ha,Ha.
      I have to say that to my self again tomorrow.

May 19, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cathy

I was watching a scary movie with my husband when we felt the couch shake, that was freaky!!

May 19, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  9. OLIVIA

COME ON EVERYONE WHATS ALL THIS FIGHTN N ARGUE'N... WE SHOULD ALL REPENT BECAUSE THE END OF DAYS ARE NEAR..LOVE ONE ANOTHER N HAVE FAITH.. THE BEST IS YET TO COME TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE N HOLD ON TO FAITH.. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS WATCHN OVER ALL OF US... BE SMART AT THE END OF THE DAY THIS WORLD DOESNT BELONG TO ANY OF US.. THIS IS A TEMPORARY LIFE.... NOTHN IS OURS BUT OUR FAITH.... ILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF U.. BE SAFE GOD IS GOOD...

May 19, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • ladybarron

Glory to God, we all should be praying, Olivia, but there are too many fools that put their trust in men or science without realizing that the Word of God is true and all of God's prophecies are coming to pass. Blind fools, open up your eyes before you open them up in h3ll! Allow the Spirit of God be poured over you that you may be saved by the power of the name of Jesus Christ!

May 19, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • tuna74

Give me a break try taveling throughout mexico & central America.
      Go to the Churches. The poor sitting outside have been giving the last centavo to the Vaticin in rome hoping for a miracle.The only miracle they have since Hernando Cortez Came to Mexico Is he made them one of the poorest races in the world.
      The church pee's in your ear & tell's you it raining.
      Now you know why i have a ticket on the hell express.

May 19, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. deli_gal

"Fool's," I said, "You do not know, Silence like a cancer grows." "Hear my words that I might teach you, take my arms that I might reach you." But my words like silent raindrops fell, and echoed in the wells of silence.

May 19, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Instgtr

Say again please... I couldn't hear you...

May 19, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. ladybarron

I am just glad that no one was hurt. I can't stand the fact that there are too many evil people who always seems to say stup!d comments regarding earthquakes or about any articles on CNN! God loves each and everyone of us and we should pray, not hate!

May 19, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Juan

Mexicans are americas fireing squad..stand in a single file line folks!!

May 19, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. efrain

In order to resolve all this hatred, a lot of peoples first amendments' rights would have to be violated.

May 19, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  14. deli_gal

Imagine no possesions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people Sharing all the world.
    John Lennon

May 19, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. deli_gal

They've all gone to look for America.
    Simon and Garfunkel