May 21st, 2010

Crash kills trucker, closes 26 miles of N.J. Turnpike

Thousands of motorists were scrambling to find alternate routes during rush hour Friday morning after a crash killed one person and closed 26 miles of the New Jersey Turnpike, authorities said.

Three trucks collided, killing one driver and causing about 1,000 gallons of kerosene  to spill, said Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Paula Spiletycz

where's the rest of this story?

May 21, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. ambre

Thoughts and prayers go out to the drivers family

May 21, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. Protip

I'd pray for the family, but prayer doesn't do anything, so I at least hope they recover from this in time.

May 21, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. j t

we as drivers need more rest than what the law requires. and offcouse these companies dont care, cause all the blame goes on the drivers....

May 21, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. Anna

None of us know the full story yet, but the amout of trucking accidents within the last few months seem to be on the rise. Wether it's from lack of sleep and/or neglegence on the trucker(s) part or stupidity on some other drivers, something needs to happen. This is past ridiculous.

May 21, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. MikeInIowa

yes, I'm in agreement with @PaulaSpiletycz, where is the rest of the story? How did the person crash? If one person passed away (rest his/her soul), what about the other two people?

May 21, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. cedric

I like to say that I pray for the driver who passed and his family. Also I'm a trck driver my self and was on the nj turn pike on 5/20/10 I would half to say I don't think speed was a factor because I travel that road almost every week and the state troopers they are out their almost every 3 or 4 miles, I think this wreck was due to someone just plain not watching were they were going and ran into the back of a truck causing a 3 truck chain reaction wreck.

May 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • mask2697

Whats a Trck driver?

October 24, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ahmed

I drove back n forth from ny to md yesterday and I have to say the Speed limits are not enforced at all over night... I was doing 80 mph alongside trucks during both trips... Some trucks were passing me on the right while I was all the way in the left lane doing 80... I had people tailgate me while I was going 90 mph... In 400 miles I only saw 2 cops during the day and 0 cops at night... What can a cop do when 99% of the traffic is going 20 mph over the limit... Going 70 80 is fine as long as stupid people don't tailgate... And trucks tailgate each other all the time

May 21, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tom Swartz

I have noticed an increase in semi related crashes since our border was opened to mexican truckers under the guise of free trade. It's odd the truck drivers names are not mentioned as this info is usually given.

May 22, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • mask2697

Dude don't blame the mexicans, Its us (america) that is getting dumber

October 24, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |