Baseball, basketball and tennis dominate the slate, with a handful of international friendlies as the World Cup approaches (all times Eastern).
– The French Open (5 a.m., Tennis Channel/ESPN2): Second-round play gets under way Wednesday with Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Venus Williams and Svetlana Kuznetsova among the high-profile players in action.
– Yankees vs. Twins (7:10 p.m., ESPN): New York and Minnesota have met three times in the past seven postseasons. The rivalry has proven
one-sided, with the Yankees dominating each of those series. But the Twins are playing host to a vulnerable New York squad that's dropped
five of six games.
– Celtics vs. Magic (8:30 p.m., ESPN): Boston holds a commanding three-games-to-one advantage over Orlando in the Eastern Conference
Finals, but the Magic believe they've got a chance to make history. Can Dwight Howard and friends push the series back to Beantown, or will
Boston's Big Four lock down the franchise's 21st conference title?
By The Numbers
– 39 – Age of Kimiko Date Krumm, who defeated recent world No. 1 Dinara Safina in the French Open on Tuesday to become the second-oldest woman to win a match at Roland Garros in the Open era.
– 3 – Age in years of Safina when Krumm made her French Open debut in 1989.
– $525,000 – Cost of the Richard Mille timepiece worn by Rafael Nadal in Tuesday's first-round match against Gianni Mina.