May 28th, 2010

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt part ways

Heidi Montag of "The Hills" has split from her husband and reality show co-star, Spencer Pratt, the celeb's spokeswoman told CNN.

For now, the split is a separation and not a divorce, Lexi Vonderlieth said.

“Yes the split is real," Vonderlieth said in an e-mail. "Like to say separation for now. As you can imagine it is crazy right now. She's trying to lay low the next couple days. What I can say is that it's a separation for now, not divorce.”

TMZ first reported the separation Friday afternoon.

The couple, known as "Speidi" among fans, entered the public eye on the hit MTV series "The Hills" and reportedly married in 2008.

- CNN's Brittany Kaplan contributed to this report.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. debbie

pepole love jokes and they are one big joke

May 28, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pearl

what every they've done it works-look how may of us comment! and they cash in!

May 28, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LL

That this is reported as news on the cnn website and there is nothing about the ongoing rebuilding in Nashville and middle Tennessee breaks my heart. There is a lot still to do here but if there is no follow up after Anderson Cooper's report then I guess it doesn't matter. There are people that still cannot rebuild or live in their homes. There is a lot of damage still here. Please report on things that affect everyday citizens. I do not care about these people that do not offer anything to humanity except vapid dialogue.

May 28, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • kmguest

I'm so sorry about what is going on with you all there. You're rigiht; the country seems to think that becuase it isn't on the news that everything must be under control there. Also, with the idiotic behavior of BP causing something that was completely avoidable, we have to avert tax money away from what should have clearly been your money. Your disaster was from nature. Again, sorry for what happened to you guys and I hope that someone can rally some more attention to what is going on there.

May 28, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Stacey

Wow I was expecting this break up a while ago. They have both gone crazy! Well, Spencer always has been. This is actually funny. I'm also shocked it's on CNN!! There has to be something more important going on in our world than this break up.

May 28, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJG1979

i know.... GARY COLEMAN DIED!!!

May 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DisOriented

" CNN's Brittany Kaplan contributed to this report. "

They are/This was a contribution in WHAT way ?

I suppose as much as Kanye West calling on other artists to boycott AZ.

His 15 minutes of fame was used up at that awards show fiasco.

He wouldn't be such a "Cold Ngga" if he spent some time in sunny AZ !

May 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • FUmaryangels

kanye will last way longer than taylor swift, wait until she's 18 and everyone will lose interest in her. the fact that you think his fame has lasted or will last for fifteen minutes proves that you are an idiot.

May 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michael Smith

Wow if they can't make it who ca..... I'm sorry I can't even type that sentence without cracking up. Who DIDN'T see this coming?

May 28, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CJ

In online format, CNN had a link to this article on their "front page." Seriously? Can I take CNN seriously after this?

May 28, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • kmguest

Agreed. The ability to take CNN seriously has slowly been slipping away for a while. I am still looking around for another news website that I can get news from actual journalists. As soon as I do, I'm outahere!

May 28, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. whatnext

Now if the two of them would just split the country.

May 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JKSkins30

Who are these two pathetic goons anyway? I can care less about a irrelevant show that claims to be on a "music television" station. This plastic phony and her goofy ex boyfriend are just as bad as that camera attention, money grubbing, and kid exploited bimbo Kate. Can all these losers even those kereoake singers who got famous from Reality TV just go away? Your the reason and the cause of the dumbing down of American Society in the past 25 years.

May 28, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • mojojo

MTV dropped the "music television" bit a few months ago, if I heard correctly. But they killed the music about 15 years earlier, if you ask me. 😛

As for all the people that are saying "if you don't care, why are you reading this?" I think he's a nut, and I only care that she can get away from him. Not even a Barbie doll should have to deal with someone like him.

May 29, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ashley

Is this supposed to be surprising?

May 28, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. brettjames

How is it fair that Gary Coleman dies and these two live?

May 28, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnny

Only the good die young.

May 28, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. whatever

I'm surprised it took this long. He's gross and she's beyond gross.

May 28, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KSK

Shame on you CNN. Seriously

May 28, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Anna

Hmmmmm. I smell a publicity stunt! I don't think they were getting enough attention this past week.

May 28, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Oodoodanoo

They live and Gary Coleman dies. The world is not fair.

May 28, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |