May 28th, 2010

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt part ways

Heidi Montag of "The Hills" has split from her husband and reality show co-star, Spencer Pratt, the celeb's spokeswoman told CNN.

For now, the split is a separation and not a divorce, Lexi Vonderlieth said.

“Yes the split is real," Vonderlieth said in an e-mail. "Like to say separation for now. As you can imagine it is crazy right now. She's trying to lay low the next couple days. What I can say is that it's a separation for now, not divorce.”

TMZ first reported the separation Friday afternoon.

The couple, known as "Speidi" among fans, entered the public eye on the hit MTV series "The Hills" and reportedly married in 2008.

- CNN's Brittany Kaplan contributed to this report.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. plm13

At least she can F some producers and get a job. His 15 minutes of fame is dead and gone. Hopefully we will NEVER hear from him again. I have honestly never seen a person more self contradicting in my life. To call him slow is degrading to mentally handicapped people.

May 28, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. citrinegal

I have never watched whatever that TV show that they're on, yet I still know who these less-than-useless people are. That being said, I hope a couple of her dozen or so brain cells kick in and she leaves this psychopath behind permanently. I'd rather encounter Hannibal Lechter in a dark alley than Spencer Pratt. The men in the white coats need to take him away. At least she's sorta pretty. He, on the other hand, is subhuman.

May 28, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jac

Sooo-who out down 2 years (give or take) and won the pot? I think I only gave them 3 months, so it was not me...

May 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JDawg

They should plug that oil leak with one of her implants.

May 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Beachgirl

I think this is beyond funny!! I will admit to watching The Hills almost every week and have done so for the last few years. One of the last episodes showed Heidi explaining various crystals that she uses to keep her centered and protected when she is in a war zone. I'm guessing she wasn't using the right crystals to hold her sham of a marriage together. The husband lost it awhile back and has anger issues. By the way he looks now, I'm leaning towards bathing is an option in his world.

May 28, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. merilee

Let's hope she does write or sing a song about it. I hope sooner or later they will fall out of the news.

May 28, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Samantha

HE needs help, and she needs to be independent and get her family and friends back, i know they miss her!!! spencer is a control freak who wants heidi all to hisself, heidi is his money making machine and he has taken advantage of her. people used to love heidi until she got with him, if she leaves him, people will have more respect for her and love her again!!!

May 28, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cd

can you say publicity stunt?

May 28, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Becca

Their 15 minutes of fame is finally up? That was the longest 15 minutes ever.

May 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Drew

Oh no, not Heidi and Spencer! By the way, who the fcku are Heidi and Spencer?

May 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sevenup

wow , Is anybody surprised ?????????

May 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. NyteShayde

Like whoa, totally didn't see this coming. o_O

May 28, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pat

She may be kind of a bimbo, but he's an angry, self posessed, immature idiot, so she'll be better off without him. I think she'll eventually grow up, but he never will.

May 28, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. cheaptalk101

written is stone,two wrongs dont make a right.

May 28, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. DvlsAdvocat

I couldn't care less about their marriage...I just clicked on the article in hopes of seeing a shot of her delicious fake boobs.

May 28, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |