June 18th, 2010

Two American troops killed in Afghan insurgent attack

Two coalition service members died in an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan on Friday, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said.

The ISAF said the two troops were American.

Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan • Military
  1. Tara

Stories like this make me really nervous...my brother is supposed to be coming home soon and I'm just praying that all the men in his unit remain safe. Would be devastating for them to make it this long, be so close to coming home, and not make it.

June 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

I am praying for your loved ones safe return. My nephew didnt make it after his fourh tour SSG. William D. Vile. God Bless all our Soldiers !!! All HERO's !!!!!!!

June 18, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Andres

This is very troubling, i will be enlisting soon to make a difference and i pray for all the soldiers over thier

June 18, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sonya

This worries me too. My husband is there....

June 18, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LinZ

My brother as well... God be with you and yours 🙁

June 19, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Andrew

I've been role playing as an afghan with my wife at a base in the states. Our little part to help hopefully save our troops lives and limbs and show our support for them no matter how we feel about the war. Growing up in the 60's, I heard taps often from a cemetary near my house, The business end of politics is the gun and politicians are to blame for unjust-ified wars, the human, environmental, and material toll (1T+?) on society. Some warfighters love war at least maybe until the bullets and bombs start flying and then they realize that war is hell. Some warfighters fight because they simply answered the call to serve no matter what, their job "not to reason why, but to do and die". You are our heroes and the best trained on earth. Godspeed, come home safe.
    =========================================================================================
    To the pentagon: Can you make sure All our boys and girls units are supplied with look forward, sideways, and down xray or whatever it is device that finds buried ied's and sends a tone that sets them off at a safe distance? This would be better than hand held metal detectors which sometimes sets them off too close. Ma-Na-Ma.

June 19, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Anders

2 more dead for a stupid political war. When will people learn? And how can you let your husband (especially if you have kids), son etc. risk for their lives for a war they cannot win?

June 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |