June 22nd, 2010

Mexico asks court to reject Arizona immigration law

Mexico on Tuesday filed a brief in federal court in Arizona supporting a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a tough new immigration law, Mexico's ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, said on his Twitter account.

Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Immigration • Mexico
  1. Margaret

If I read this right, Mexico is supporting an already existing lawsuit, not bringing one of its own. Be interesting to know which one that is.

June 22, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Come on People...

To GroovyGoober

I am actually not a liberal, in fact I am a registered republican, and like the "racist" argument your point is over used. I am also not against gun rights and many other republican ideas. My point has nothing to do with being dreamy it has to do with money. Our state does not have the funds to fight this law, enforce this law or have anything to do with this law. Most of the crime doesn't from illegal immigrants it comes from cartels and coyotes...you think this law isn't going to cause more turmoil and/or violence?

June 22, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Janelle

This is ridiculous. The Mexican government needs to focus their efforts on fixing the problems in their own country so their citizens will actually want to stay. Not a great place to live, who can fault them for wanting a better life? They do however need to arrive legally, it is only fair and right.

June 22, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Herb46

If these illegals want to stay here, give them a helmet and a pair of army boots and send them off to Afghanistan to fight for their country.

June 22, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. janet Robbins McAlister

Mexico needs to monitor their own borders and then Arizona would not need to enact laws that the government refuses to enforce. Perhaps Mexico should take care of their citizens and then they would not need to illegally enter the US. How funny! Mexico wants to ensure that their citizens can still enter our country illegally. What a joke!

June 22, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Matt

When with they stop ignoring the people!!!!!! Vote out ALL who support AMNESTY!

June 22, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jimnuthousiki

Can US file an appeal with the Mexico president to recall all their illegals from US back to Mexico, and US taxpayers will be very happy to pay for one time one way transposrtaion........ And tell them not to come back!

June 22, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jessica

THANKS PRESIDENT CALDERON..WE LOVE YOU!!!!...IF THEY DON'T LISTEN, THEN LET'S CUT ALL THE OIL SALES TO THE U.S.A...NO OIL ,NO FUEL..!!

June 22, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Inbred Hillbilly Amurrrican

Please don't take Mexico's oil reserves from us. Yessica jou are an eediot.

June 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Inbred Hillbilly Amurrrican

This almost seems like a non-issue. Who cares if Mexico wants to sue Arizona? We can just settle for 10,000 pesos, or roughly 12 dollars American. But seriously, if Mexico thinks were going to care at all about not letting in their citizens then maybe they should look back at the War in Iraq when we told the UN to mind its p's and q's while we attacked a country with hardly anything more than sand. Dear Mexico, blow U.S. Further, everyone who seems to have an issue with the greatest country in the world, we're fat, lazy, stupid, but more importantly rich, powerful, and better than you.

June 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL

So Jessica just because we want to enforce our laws, you have the nerve to try to encourage retaliation by banning oil trade? Just in case you dont know this but in order for the Mexican economy to even sustain itself, they have to trade! And even if they were to ban their oil from the U.S. it's not like we get the majority of our oil from them anyways.

June 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cowboy

Mexico – go somewhere and shove it!!

June 22, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. San

This is in response to Daryl Minor. I too am a legal citizen of the USA. I was born and raised here. I too must show identification for the instances you have listed below. so please quit crying about racial profiling. and dont try to say you are asked for ID for these instances because it is a racial thing because i am a white female and like I said, I am asked for identification.

I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when:

1. Pulled over by the police.

2. Making purchases on my department store credit card.

3. When I show up for a doctor's appointment.

4. When filling out a credit card or loan application.

5. When applying for or renewing a driver's license or passport.

6. When applying for any kind of insurance.

7. When filling out college applications.

8. When donating blood.

9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs.

10. When making some debit purchases, especially
    if I'm out of state.

11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.

12. when you go to vote.

June 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lisa

What has the US done in the past with Foreign Invaders?? That's exactly what these brownies are, invaders. We must defend our country against enemies foreign and domestic. If that means putting a cap in your bichass, I will.
    Bring it Mexico, I have lots of ammo.

June 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. D. Green

I wonder what would happen if i walked across the border and tried to get a job and tried to live without permission in Mexico. Being a US citizen. What would happen to me?

June 22, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mark

Ok so I want to be able to :: walk across the border in San Diego into Tijuana and NOT show any identification. If the officials at the border in Tijuana challenge me in any way I am going to cry foul. I want to do the same thing at the border going into Montreal Canada and Heathrow in London and when I get off the cruise ship in Jamaica. No ID will I show to anyone and they had better now challenge me ...ever

I also want to be able to walk my dog down the middle street and insist I repeat insist that cars give me the right of way

June 22, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mark

You gota be kidding me right? Mexico asking us (courts) to reject this law? Mexico needs to fix their problems, not hand them to us to fix. I can see it now, the Mexican American war of 2010.

June 22, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jamesnix

This aint mexico. i don't give a d@^% what they think about our laws.

June 22, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |