June 22nd, 2010

Mexico asks court to reject Arizona immigration law

Mexico on Tuesday filed a brief in federal court in Arizona supporting a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a tough new immigration law, Mexico's ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, said on his Twitter account.

Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Immigration • Mexico
  1. Anon296

Honestly I don't see why illegal immigration even exists–as in, why is it illegal? We can ban specific "threats" from entering the country, we can better our process for entry...but what's wrong with other people coming here? Everyone acts like we have a God-given right to own this land. If nothing else, you were mildly lucky to be born here, just as others outside the country were lucky or had the misfortune to be born where they were born. If you're losing out on a job to someone who is here illegally and doesn't speak the language–that's on you. Increase your education and experience and maybe you won't be competing for the lowest level jobs. And people here illegally are not getting welfare unless they have some multiple fantastically fake forms of ID. We're all humans, we're all in this together. Please stop discussing people as "illegals" as if they did something wrong by being born in a different place. And enough with the "learn English!" mentality. It's one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world. Heck, several of you seem to not have a grasp of it yet. I'm just saying, show a little compassion and try to understand their side.

June 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TTommy

A foreign country asks our courts to block a bill which keeps their ILLEGAL immigrants from having to show identification on our soil. That's a scenario only Obama and a true liberal loon could embrace.

June 22, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. loosewires

Mexico? Who are the senators and congressman from the state of Mexico, USA? I guess they have the right to tell us how to run our country! Maybe if we weren't the dumping ground for their criminals and drug dealers people in Arizona would feel a little different, when are the other south western states gonna back up Arizona? I hope soon.

June 22, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ernesto Moreno

Here's a thought...How about all these U.S. companies who are sending Hi paying American jobs south of the border to avoid paying high wages and benefits here in the U.S be required to pay at least the equivalent of U.S. Minimum wage to those people down there Instead of paying them pennies an hour without Benefits.
    The American Companies will still be reaping in big profits and the people down there will stay there for minimum wage rather then come here to work for less then minimum wage "stealing" all those much wanted American Jobs like working 12 hour days at the car wash or the fields.

I know I get very upset when I drive by the fields and think to myself "look at all those illegal's in those fields stealing Jobs from all our College graduates and un-employed professionals"

Can someone please point out to me these jobs they are stealing…Specifically the ones anyone in the U.S. Legally would even want!?!?!?!?!?!?

June 22, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jjeff

If you enter this country illegally you have committed a felony. If I you to use false identification when filing my taxes and under pay or not pay your full share of taxes you break the law. If you use false identification to secure a loan for a house, vehicle or anything else you have violated the law. If you receive any kind of government assistance such as Welfare, HUD, Food Stamps, etc. using false identification, or lying you have broken the law. Every aspect of an illegal alien's existance in this country is built on a lie. They are teaching their children that it is ok to lie to cheat, to do anything they want as long as it gets them what they want. Send them home for they are all felons and criminals. If an American citizen were to get caught filing taxes with false I.D. not paying our taxes , fraudulently securing a loan,or fraudulently receiving any kind of government assistance we would be sitting in prison somewhere. Why does our government treat ILLEGAL ALIENS better than it' own citizens????

June 22, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hawkeye

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let's say I break into your house.
    Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, "No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house
    You are Required to feed me
    You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
    You are Required to Educate my kids
    You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family
    (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house ...And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America ! if you agree, pass it on (in English ). Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off.........along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.

June 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. John

What this whole thing is about, Arizona is getting in the way of the Left to buy more votes.

June 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sheldon I. Katchatag

'WHAT' part of "ILLEGAL" does Mexico NOT Understand?

"ILLEGAL" Immigrants are – By DEFINITION – 'LAW-BREAKING' 'Aliens' – with NO Rights under United States of America LAW.
    ALL Laws – LAWFULLY Passed by a State – AGAINST "ILLEGAL" Immigrants – i.e., 'LAW-BREAKING' 'Aliens' – are LEGAL – The DOUBLE-Negative Rule.
    ANY Legal Means that ASSISTS Law ENFORCEMENT Officers to RECOGNIZE, IDENTIFY & APPREHEND "ILLEGAL" Immigrants:
    RACIAL – BROWN-skinned, BLACK-Haired
    LINGUISTIC – Hispanic-SPEAKING
    APPAREL – Rural, NON- Sophisicated cLOTHING
    IS LEGAL!

June 22, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. terry

we need to adopt the rules that Denmark has. Why does this political correctness stuff make people complete morons?

June 22, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. J G

What the heck is Mexico's standing to file this suit??

June 22, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. highsierra

someone is getting sue.

June 22, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. highsierra

*sued

June 22, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. maxwellsilverhammer

federal will sue state. end of story.

June 22, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. spoyald

As a resident of Tucson, AZ, I am tired of all the illegals. I went to the emergency room for apenicidis(sp?). I waited about 8 hours to be seen. The waiting room was full of people that just had colds, etc and they didn't speak a word of English. All but one of our trauma centers where closed due to lack of funds. They were all drained by people with no insurance, mostly illegals.

What we need to do is stop all handouts to people that can't produce proof of citizenship. No more wellfare, health care, etc. That would slow down the deficit.

June 22, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hamitup

I am for enforcing Arizona's immigration law. But the hate that is going on in these comments is completely uncalled for. There are a lot of sick people out there.

June 22, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • J G

Who cares if they're sick? If they're here illegally and haven't paid for health insurance or don't have the $$ for healthcare, then too bad. Health care is a service you have to pay for. It's not a right. And even with the new socialist healthcare system being put in place, if they aren't paying taxes, they aren't doing their share and still don't deserve access to the system.

June 22, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |