June 22nd, 2010

Mexico asks court to reject Arizona immigration law

Mexico on Tuesday filed a brief in federal court in Arizona supporting a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a tough new immigration law, Mexico's ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, said on his Twitter account.

Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Immigration • Mexico
  1. mark

what the heck is everyone's problem? Do you hear yourselves? it's truly appauling to know that people can be so mean and are using words like "roaches" to dehumanize these individuals. Why is it that when we're in need of labor or our country is prosperous people are so easily accepting of Mexican people, but once our economy starts to fall they suddenly become the enemy. I mean...these people are human beings with families and jobs that they established in America so ofcourse they're not just going to leave. People, go ahead and voice your opinions, but please don't use vulgar language and stop using dehumanizing or degrading names, and please do some research or even take the time look at our history of Mexican and American relations before saying anything.

June 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pedro

These are some of the funniest posts I've read. So whats next Mr. Mexico, should we legalize all drugs like you have in your state. Before you come and tell us what we should or should not do, please take control of your own situation and stop dumping you're problems on us. If Mexico weren't so politically currpt, I may have considered listening to you Mr Mexico...but you political system is a joke and typical of latin american politics.

June 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mik

Mexico needs to stay out of OUR, the U.S. country's affairs, and mind their own business. They need to get rid of all their corrupt politicians, reform their economy, and STOP using the U.S. as a relief valve for all their problems, and quit making their problems our problems. Perhaps we should bite the bullet and send a reinforced boyscout troop to take over Mexico, annex it, and break it up into 10 states. Then we can do what they should have done a long time ago, and run the coutry like a country instead of like a piggy bank the corrupt Mexican politicians have been doing for years.

June 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HMMMMMM

I understand that people feel bad for immigrants because they have to wait ten years for a visa to come to the U. S. But, what about the others that did wait the time to come here legally? They appreciate the right they have earned, they don't take it for granted. So, I personally favor this law as it will make immigrants appreciate and follow the laws given by this great country.

June 22, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CC

Why the hell are we even entertaining any motion from anyone in Mexico? This is the United States of America, not the United States of Mexico! Who are they to tell us what to do in our country and how to conduct our business? If you are not a citizen in the United States then why are they allowed to even file a brief or engage the US court system? I am sick to death of the Mexican president and anyone else who is a Mexican citizen telling the people and government of the US what they should think or do. Why don't you concentrate on cleaning up the mess in your own country before you tell us what to do?
    Yes, the law should prosecute any US employer who disregards the law and hires illegal immigrants....from ANYWHERE. Fine them substantially and make them serve jail time. As for the illegal immigrants....our country has enough burdens and drains on our tax dollars and local communities right now to foot the bill for any of the services you may wish to avail yourself of. ENOUGH!!! Mexico doesn't do a damned thing for our country and I am not swayed by all the "but the US did so many terrible things in taking land from Mexico".....war is war and it's history. Deal with the present situation. I can't just wander into some country in Europe and expect them to allow me to access public programs meant for its citizens; then why do illegal immigrants think they can do that in the US? Because we allow them to and encourage them to. Because they politicians are more worried about increasing the Hispanic voter pool than in protecting the rights of the American citizens.

June 22, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ramon F. Herrera

HernandezUSA and Jesus are hereby solemnly and officially fired from being Hispanics .

They are LINO (or is it HINO)?

June 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. SMFH

I love how the people who agree with the immigration law that say they aren't racists, but the second people oppose the law the slurs come out!! I just L-O-V-E how the second this country hears the words "illegal immigrants", they think of Latinos. Why isn't anybody complaining about the illegal Irish, Italians, Russians, etc? Interesting...If we are all going to be so opinionated & protective about our taxes, we should also be opinionated at how EXACTLY HOW our taxes are being spent. I hear a lot of outcry about education. You all are prime examples of how educated this country is. A professional argument lacks emotions & respects (not necessarily agrees) with the other parties' views/opinions.

P.S. Uneducated replies to this post will further validate my argument

June 22, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lee

Notice how Mexico can't fix their own country, but they will be more than happy to meddle in ours. They all need to Stop breaking our laws, and taking our tax money, and GO HOME. And don't split up the family – take the Anchor babies with them.

My parents raised me to not be prejudiced, but the more I hear about these invaders the more I dislike all Mexicans/Hispanics. Those who are here legally should get a clue – the illegals aren't doing you any favors.

June 22, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. programmergirl

It is ludicrous that the Mexican government is protesting this law. It is quite frankly, NONE of their business!! If their own country weren't in such a mess, more of their people would want to stay there instead of coming in swarms to the U.S. They employ double standards big-time. As other posters have pointed out, their own immigration laws are far more restrictive.
    If I am stopped for a traffic violation, need to fly or even make a bank deposit, I am asked for ID. I have no problem showing this. Nor should ANYONE that is here legally. Have any of you ever been pulled over? If you are white, did the cop simply look at you and say, "Oh you're white, you must have legitimate ID, I don't need to see it." NO THEY DON'T!!! They ask for your ID regardless of what color you are. So the racist argument is nonsense.

As is the argument about illegals doing jobs "Americans don't want". Well, Americans want to be paid a fair living wage – look at the construction industry. There are plenty of Americans who very much want to work in construction. But the Mexicans have come in and will work for peanuts, crowding out legitimate American citizens and taking away their livelihood. This is outrageous and any employer who uses illegals should be punished and fined exorbitantly. If the Mexicans can no longer find jobs here, it should stop some of them from coming. Only some, as MANY illegals come up here and immediately go on Welfare! I am sick and tired of paying for these baby-popping, lazy, law-breaking criminals that consume MY tax dollars without any return! Those that do work – I know personally of this situation: they get a job here, making decent money, then have their ENTIRE CHECK deposited into a bank in Mexico somewhere. Then under a False ID, they turn around and get food stamps!!! This is BS and I think that even people coming here legally should NOT be allowed to send their entire check to another country!!

Comment to "hispanic causing panic' and Luis Monroy" – STFU and get the hell OUT of MY country!

To "Arizona gal": RIGHT ON! Go Arizona, go! You have my support, 100%! I wish other states, including my own Oregon, would pass similar laws. If the Feds won't do anything, it's time for the states to take action. I applaud Arizona and condemn Obama for wanting to undo Arizona's law.

June 22, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Luis Monroy

Viva Mexico and the US&A!

June 22, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ronald Racist

I will Not salute you I will not become like you. You get it. I will continue to my customs and not your white power ones. GERT er Dones!!

June 23, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  12. ROAD KILL

GAW DAMN HILLBILLYS WHY DONTCHA LEARN HOW TO PUT OUT A FIRE! YOU BUNCHA MORMONS!

June 23, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. troy

GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO OFFER A REWARD FOR EACH ONE YOU GET. SHOOT THEM AS THEY CROSS THE BORDER, PROBLEM SOLVED. NOW THEY WILL ALL OBEY THE LAW AND GET LEGAL BEFORE THEY COME IN.

WHY CANT I BREAK THE LAW AND GET AWAY WITH IT?
    WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TAXES?
    WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE?
    WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY INSURANCE?
    WHY DO I HAVE TO SHOW PROPER ID IF I GET PULLED OVER?
    WHY DOES MY GOVERNMENT TREAT ME SO UNFAIRLY?

I WISH I WAS A MEXICAN!! THEY GOT IT MADE.

June 23, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ronald Racist

TO Sil: Well said this white folks aren’t smart enough to handle IT jobs or any others jobs. They are in the employment office because they are too lazy to work any jobs. I see them every day and I even get to lay of many of them for laziness, sneakiness and the sick minded Jeffry Dahmer minds. They are just scared that minorities are becoming so successful in this country.

June 23, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. troy

By the way do you know Arizona is # 1 in Kidnapping in the whole world. for real, its a fact read about it.

June 23, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |