June 24th, 2010

USGS: 4.0 quake hits southern California

A light earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4 shook southern California Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Earthquake
  1. Me

when did this happen

June 24, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

If you want to learn more information about this. Please email me @ ed@edts4u.com

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. john

man, i need more details than this.

June 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Don't hold your breath for details. This is CNN. No details here, nor will they confuse the issue with little things like facts.

June 25, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Ed

John,

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Steve and John,

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meh

I live in San Diego and I didn't feel anything. It is registered as occurring at 10:07 am. We have been getting so many close to that magnitude lately that anything below a 5.0 is not noticeable to us anymore.

June 24, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mary

Why are we having so many earthquakes lately? They are occurring all over the world in record numbers. Well, let's take heed and get prepared – even for other disasters. http://cmdproducts.blogspot.com

June 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Mary,

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. msd

Every time someone walks down the hallway at work it feels lik a 4.0 earthquake. This isn't newsworthy.

June 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ace Ventura

I didn't feel it. We have been getting them back to back to back lately. Getting a little 2012ish if you ask me....

June 24, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Ace,

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dougster

2012... their is a large scale shift in earths alignment in our solar system, Notradamus predicted this but thought it would happen all at once, or all of a sudden. This shift is causing stress on the continental plates.

June 24, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Doug,

Ed

June 28, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dougster

gives some basic facts...

June 24, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Elmer Romero

Why do they say "4.0 quake HITS southern California"?
    They should say "4.0 quake TICKLES southern California"!

June 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Doyle

Repent! This is the end! Oh, okay, maybe it's only a not-so-strong quake. I just wanted to say it before some other religious zealot blurts it out. Snicker

June 24, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kevin Roddy

Or as in Matthew 24 in the bible says they would.

June 24, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kevin Roddy

Haha lets make fun of the religious people but not the ones talking about Nostradaumas??? Hmmm

June 24, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Steve

Thanks, Alex. You've called *ME* a nutjob too. I stock up rather heavily like that when I go to my place in the mountains for hunting season.
    Of course, I *DO* have a known terrorist connection. I am a decorated veteran of 27 years in the US Army.
    We certainly terrorized the buffet line!

June 25, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kelson

A 4.0 in California is business as usual. It has nothing to do with 2012, and it's hardly "breaking news" unless it actually knocks something down.

Speaking of 2012, I'm really looking forward to 2013. I want to know what all the true believers in the doomsday hoax will be saying to rationalize the fact that the world is still here. (See http://www.2012hoax.org/ for more on that subject.)

June 25, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Andrea Howell

Ottawa had a 5.5 mag. earthquake on June 23, 2010. Highly unusual for Canada. I felt it in Toronto. The last one I recall was a decade ago. I'm really worried. Been having a few bad dreams. I posted them on my blog: http://bit.ly/aBTv5v

June 28, 2010 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |