June 25th, 2010

Kellogg's recalls Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks

Kellogg's announced a voluntary recall Friday of certain breakfast cereals including Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks, due to an "uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell coming from the liner in the package."

According to a company press release, the potential for serious health problems is low, but some consumers sensitive to the flavor and smell could experience possible temporary symptoms, including nausea and diarrhea.

Post by:
Filed under: Health
  1. Gia Monroe

Thes boxs and food contents are Made in Mexico? geez my VM was one of the few made in Mexico and it is falling apart worst than Lindsey Lohan.

June 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. citizenUSA

NOT FRUIT LOOPS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

June 25, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. J. Ripper

All Froot Loops and Apple Jacks taste "not quite right" and not nearly as good since Kellogg's reformulated them a year or 2 ago to spike 'em with fiber.

June 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony The Tired Tiger

That's because Fiber is cheap filler as opposed to real food

June 25, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Preston

Let's get this junk off our tables. And you know what, I'm AM going to tell you what your kids should eat. If the government is going to force me to pay for their future diabetes medicine, I may as well make it my business.

June 25, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MNBrad

No wonder my Fruit Loops smell like A$$

June 25, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Mom

Lmao wow.

June 25, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. John

Everything in moderation would be fine, IF they get off their gluteus maximus and get some exercise. Any bets on that happening? Any bets on it happening in anything close to moderation? American kids have the market cornered on obesity and it starts younger and younger every year.

June 25, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ardy

wow! you people are rude to R! All she did was ask a simple question...and I really doubt you people with kids are feeding them healthy food ALL day and EVERY day so you shouldnt talk. I love Apple Jacks and Im an adult and in great physical shape so naaa naaa naaa na boo boo!

June 25, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kevin

Eat Mo' 'possum

June 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. seriously!!!

All I can say is WOW!!.....Fruit Loops,Honey Smacks and so on and so on are not the greastest but in moderation they do not hurt you...your body does need sugar....why must u imply that all kids eat 3 boxes a wk. Seriously if parents let their kids eat them in moderation and follow serving suggestions and don't over do it then they r ok!! Just like if all you moaners about the cereal eat bacon, or sausgae or any meat that is not Lean u shouldn't eat 50lbs a wk of that so all u moaners go light up another cig and drink your beers becuz those are so much better than Fruit Loops....also some of u moaners need to learn how to SPELL!!

June 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Fernando

HEY KELLOGSG! Are you the one causing the more and more popular A.D.D. on all those kids with all the sugar you have in your cereals? I remember eating the Froasted one and my skin will erupt after a couple of hours. I guess the sugar was trying to come through my skin.

June 25, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Fernando, seriously, have you been tested for diabetes, or maybe even for thrush? Sounds like the sugar is feeding a skin infection or something.

June 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dagwood

Dude Fernando what are you getting at holms. You all jack-up on honey "smack"s or what?

June 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mitch

My kids eat those cereals and so do I, but they also exercise and play outside a lot, yes we let them play video games but it is not their main source of entertainment. I eat whatever I want, but I also make sure that I workout every day, I try to workout at least 60 minutes a day. Once should never be judgemental, I could say if you are not working out you are lazy, but I do not know what your lifestyle or what is happening in your life, live and let live.

June 25, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dagwood

But Mitch... I thought in this new age with Facebook and Twitter everybody is in everybody else's business giving unsolicited advice and throwing (well over) 2 cents in every chance we get... hey its the worldly way guess we all better straighten up and fly right.

June 25, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. whodat

Why would we put anything in our bodies knowing that it has artificial ingredients in it, moderation or not, hmmm....

June 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sarah

What I find disappointing is that all your delightful banter is taking the topic away from the point of poor standards in quality control of product geared towards children. You have children's medicine being put out that is potenitally harmful to a sensitive population. While cereal is on a different level these products are still marketed for children's consumption and are contaminated by something. Because I agree, smells don't give you diarrhea. So perhaps some of the seemingly angry judgmental folks should direct their disgust towards Kellogg and not at Susie from Des Moines who occasionally feeds her brood corn pops while they watch the latest Garfield movie.

June 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • voodoochild29

so true,where is the anger directed at kellogg's?i do think we are a reaching a dangerous complacency with our regulations in general,in all attempts at regulation,food,deep sea drilling,banking,we seemed to have slipped so far behind in so many areas,seems there are new recalls every week!

June 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jesse

you people that are talking about bad parenting for letting your kid eat these things are the same ones that when your kids act up slip them one of your prozac. what the hell is wrong with you.. growing up is fun and you kill that..

June 25, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |