June 25th, 2010

Kellogg's recalls Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks

Kellogg's announced a voluntary recall Friday of certain breakfast cereals including Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks, due to an "uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell coming from the liner in the package."

According to a company press release, the potential for serious health problems is low, but some consumers sensitive to the flavor and smell could experience possible temporary symptoms, including nausea and diarrhea.

Post by:
Filed under: Health
  1. Wakey eggs & baky

Down with Ronald McDonald, DOWN with Tony the Tiger, DOWN with FUN!! Crack the whip crack it on those fat backs! No soup for you! No Health Care for You!

June 25, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hudge

Eh, for those whose kids are eating this stuff, just think of it as evolution in action...

June 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PiercedPsycho

Good. I can't stand Kellogg's anyway. I much prefer General Mills' whole grains. Good thing my little one eats oatmeal.

June 25, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bad Parent

I was interested in what the recall consisted of because yes, I feed my children “that crap.” While they are far from being obese, I find it quite odd how a few are acting towards giving kids a few harmless bowls of cereal. I’d really like to know if these select few are the same ones that tell little Johnny that he can’t have a bowl of sugary sweet goodness or an ice cream bar because god forbid the kid might gain a few pounds and be labeled as fat yet, stop by Burger King on the way home and end it with a diet coke?

And you wonder why 8 year old girls nowadays have eating disorders and drink diet sodas? How about the lack of self esteem if they aren’t a size 0? Those who are bashing the parents for allowing their child to eat a few bowls of cereal should deeply consider this- What kind of a parent tells their child that they can’t have a few childhood treats because if they do, they will become obese and no one will like them?

June 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alleycat

I think you brought up a good point with kids and eating disorders. A kid should definitely be allowed to be a kid and enjoy that magical time of childhood. Things in moderation are acceptable and I don't think you're a bad parent for allowing that with your kids.
      I commend Kelloggs for the recall and the information.
      A statistic that scares me is that our children, if the trend continues, will have a shorter life expectancy than us. This is the first time in almost a century that this is true.

June 28, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ken

I like turtles

June 25, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mark

They must have addeed too much of the artificial fiber Kellogg's started to put in these cereals. Don;t know why they do this to kids.

June 25, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Judy

I'm 70 and I love my Honey Smacks, I have them every morning so fix my honey smacks please.

June 25, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tammy

I have a box of Froot Loops with sprinkles and the bar code matches one of the codes on recall. But I can't tell if its a KM or KN on it. Would that be one of the recalls. Please let me know and if so should I return it to the store. I opened the box and it did not smell like the Fruit Loops smelled before that I can remember. So what should I do.

June 25, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. turd

Shame on the parents that feed their children a bowl of cereal! What's wrong with people nowadays? First it was hitler, second it was bush. Now people are feeding our future, fruity pebbles? Get off my land lucky charms!!

June 26, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. Hedgit

I don't think anyone should be trying to complain about how people are choosing to parent their children. After reading through these comments enough, I think the real issue is that no one here apparently knows how to properly spell "hypocrite."

June 26, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. shannon

I am glad to hear about the recall and will go look through my cabinet and remove what cereal may have to be removed. I also don't think people should judge anyone, or call anyone a bad parent who chooses to give their children any of these cereals, I believe their are far worse things out in the world to worry about. I have 4 heathly children and they eat these cereals along with cherrios, life, chex, all kinds, and eat other variety of breakfast besides cereal. We are feeding our children, I swear any more your damned if you do or don't. Don't judge, how are you as a parent, how about worrying about your own life and own family and let us all worry about what we shall do for our own family and stop downing people.

June 26, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  12. ALLEN

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME FEEDING THIS TO MY KIDS SHOULD MAYBE GET OFFLINE AND JOIN THE REAL WORLD AND READ THE LABLE ON THE BOX ITS NOT ALL BAD AND ALOT SIMPLER TO GET KIDS TO EAT THEN RICE CAKES

June 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Victoria

I will still be eating my Corn Pops. As for someone's comment on toxicity and health standards on food, to some degree all foods can become hazardous to one's health. You're complaining about the food preparation standards in US but have you ever eaten overseas?

June 26, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. turd

Yur a fat jallopy marshmallow kid.

June 27, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |