July 7th, 2010

Missing Missouri girl found alive

A 4-year-old girl abducted Monday from the front yard of her Missouri home has been found alive, according to authorities.

Alisa Maier was kidnapped in Louisiana, Missouri, while she was playing with her brother, police said. Authorities said she was found in Fenton, Missouri, which is nearly 84 miles from Louisiana, Missouri.

A neighbor said Maier's mother tried to chase after her daughter's abductor, but to no avail.

Dozens of law enforcement officers, FBI agents and volunteers took part in the search for Maier.

Filed under: Missing Children • U.S.
  1. Rick

Hope they caught the abductor, or another child will become a victim.

July 7, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. mysteree

Thank God she is safe with her family.
    I hope they find the pedophile and butcher him.

July 7, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. fab

thank God this girl was found alive! I hope they also have caught the culprits. i pray nobody physically harmed her.

July 7, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. adams

Thats awesome. I'm glad she's alive and kickin'

July 7, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Nurse111

Wow she is a lucky girl! I am so happy for her parents. Hopefully they get the trash that took her and punish them in the worst way.

July 7, 2010 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ken

@ Jon.... Mary is correct, I saw the reference to a car wash on Fox minutes ago too.

July 7, 2010 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. 1phosphater

Don't tell me there's no God. Glory be.

July 7, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kimberly Jefferson

God is so amazing Im so happy for her and her family and I just know they never expected this miracle and so quickly Idk the whole story yet but this was a wonderful ending to a terrible begining of the day!!! May god give the family strength to pursue this idiot and prosecute to the fullest!

July 7, 2010 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. 1phosphater

I don't know this child or her family but I do know this great news came close to bringing tears. Thank you Lord.

July 7, 2010 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. CanadianMind

I'm glad this little girl was found alive and hope all will be well with her. What is disappointing to me are all the comments from people thanking God and THEIR prayers for her safe return. If God is responsible for her recovery, then God is also responsible for her abduction and pain. If God answered YOUR prayer that she be found alive, then God ignored all of YOUR other prayers for the millions that die every day from natural and man-made disasters, war, and crime. It's NOT God you should be thanking and praising. Just as it was a selfish person or persons that inflicted this pain, it is the dedicated and diligent work of others whose life work and training and specialized skills for fighting crime and helping others in need that found and saved this child, and perhaps also the careful observation of witnesses who had the courage and insight to report to the authorities what they saw. God is not the hero here, the heroes are the men and women who had the foresight to create the laws and the organizations needed to deal with such crimes and to coordinate and conducted the real difficult human effort to find this girl alive. Sometimes their efforts are not enough, but sometimes they are and its time that these real heroes receive our support and thanks, and not YOUR personal prayer or some God that YOU believe in. Stop patting yourselves on the back for your beliefs, and start thanking and supporting the true heroes in this story, the real men and women in your community that made a difference. Give credit where credit is due, and deserved.

July 7, 2010 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Charles

HOOAH!

July 7, 2010 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Agreed

couldn't have said it better myself.

July 7, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

So by your logic and I quote "If God is responsible for her recovery, then God is responsible for abdunction and pain." Couldn't we apply this same logic to the authorities and the people working so hard to find her. Why didn't they top this from happening? Why don't they stop this from happening ever again? Why didn't her family stop this from happening? -

Cause just they can't but that doesn't mean they don't try or they don't want it to ever happen ever. Just lilke God can't stop people from doing evil things but that doesn't mean he wants these things to happen. God gave us free choice. He wants us to follow him freely not by force.

God's Greatest Commion: Matthew 28:19-20
      "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

He's great commandment is this: Matthew 22:37-40
      Jesus replied,"'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind'This is the first and greatest commandment. Second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments."

We can't control what other people do but we can control what we do. Are we going to spread love or hate?

July 7, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |

you're making far too much sense for these people to understand you 🙂 Thank Santa Claus she's ok! Why not thank the law enforcement and everyone else involved in bring this child back to her parents? Where was God during 9/11? Where was God for those thousands of soldiers killed overseas?

God is an excuse for people who are to stupid or afraid to think for themselves.

July 7, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. God--really?

Why is everyone praising god? Should he not have kept her form getting taken int he first place?

July 7, 2010 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. God--really?

I meant from, not form. Maybe god should have spellchecked for me.

July 7, 2010 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mr Peabody

Everyone is so quick to praise 'God'. While I admit I am extraordinarily happy she's safe, it doesn't change the fact that a vast majority of abducted girls meet a horrible, unthinkable fate. So where's 'God' in the other 95% of cases? Oh, I forgot, it must be his will for the other children to die, even though us puny humans could never understand the reasoning behind his love...

July 7, 2010 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr Peabody

To CanadianMind & God–really? – great minds think alike. I didn't realize you were typing away at the same time I was posting. Glad to see I'm not the only realist here.

July 7, 2010 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. 1phosphater

To Canadian mind: You are a pitiful piece of work. But to be fair I will thank those well trained and dedicated people
    who worked so hard to find this child ,,,,,,,,and again thank you Lord.

July 7, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
    • chele

Canadian dinglederry is one of those smug, self-satisfied losers who cannot accept any opinion at variance with his/her own.

July 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mo resident

I have to agree with god-really. Unfortunately, in missouri, IF the law catches the S.O.B. Who done this, he will probably get time served with probation, maybe "shock time" in Fulton. In this state you get harsher time for marijuana than for child molestation or abduction. Sad.. But true!

July 7, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |