July 23rd, 2010

Small plane crashes in Lake Michigan

[Update 1:48 p.m.] One person has been found alive and transported conscious to shore, the Coast Guard said. Four others remain missing.

Private boats are offering to assist in the search, the Coast Guard reported.

[Original post] The Coast Guard was searching for five people in Lake Michigan on Friday after a small plane went down, a petty officer said.

The incident happened about 10:15 a.m. near Ludington, Michigan, in the northwestern part of the lower peninsula, south of Traverse City, Michigan. Official's didn't know where the plane took off from or where it was going.

Petty Officer Sam Meintes said there were five people on board and said a Coast Guard boat and helicopter were taking part in the search.

Post by:
Filed under: Michigan • U.S.
  1. Tyler

This is a worthless article... dissapointed

July 25, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Brittany

Worthless? Really? It's worthless for you to get on here and leave a comment like that about something that has affected many people in the town that I happen to live in that this has taken place and that I know the people personally who were on that plane. So think twice before you say something that can really upset others and find out more information about ir rather then saying its worthless....

July 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gipetto

Brittany... I appreciate your thoughts and concerns, but I believe Tyler is the grandchild of one of the men who was in the plane... Yes, he was close to them... I wish you all well

July 26, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. Brittany

Well then if he was a grandchild he would not put its worthless as a comment. Everyone is mourning and grieving right now about the loss of those who were on that plane and it can be offensive to see a comment like that. There are many people close to those of the crash and not just him. Negative is not the answer right now...

July 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tyler Davidson

Well I am a grandchild, and I did say that. Sorry to disappoint you but this is my opinion on this article. I feel that CNN could have taken more initiative on domestic issues. How can you not understand this?

July 26, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lou

Tyler, well put. I agree that this article should have had more detail and CNN should have looked further into this. We to look the press for information, and it's upsetting to see the lack of information given here. Especially when it's in our own back yards.... Hang in there bud.

July 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |