August 17th, 2010

Schlessinger says she won't renew radio contract

Embattled radio talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger announced Tuesday she will not renew her contract that is up at the end of the year, telling CNN's "Larry King Live" she wants to "regain my First Amendment rights."

Schlessinger has been under fire for using the N-word repeatedly during a recent segment of her show.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Sherry

I called her show 3 times one day. 1st attempt, I asked the lady who answered a simple question about where do I start and she hung up on me. 2nd attempt, I was real quick to explain my issue, she put me on hold for 30 minutes, came back on the line and said "we don't have time" hanging up quickly. 3rd time I called, one word was said and I can't repeat it here.

August 17, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Motorick

Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOODBYE

August 17, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. if we judge, judge by the same standards: conservative and liberal

Often, we hear of conservative people doing dumb things and making mistakes (God forbid!). I think we all do that last time I checked on humanity. Yet, conservative people suffer greater consequences even when they apologize and say they are sorry. Just look at the recent examples of Congressman Charlie Wrangle (Democrat caught with evading taxes), Congresswoman Shirley Walters refusing to apologize for her crimes, Senator Harry Reid (with his comments about "black people" like our president) and a host of other imperfect characters like ourselves and Dr. Laura.
    Why do the conservatives suffer the big hits most of the time and the liberals go free–often times able to keep their same jobs? I am an independent thinker and do not support the Dems or the Reps. I think the answer has to do with the forgiving liberal media but only when its one of their "own" who is caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

August 17, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carmen

No its because Conservatives are Jerks!

August 17, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

Because conservatives think they are perfect and tell everyone how to live. You have to be exactly like them and do and think exactly like them. You can't have a thought of your own. They are judging everyone harshly so when they do something imperfect they have set themselves up to be judged more harshly.

August 18, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. David

Dr. Laura is about as hypocritycal as they get. As someone said above, she has her first amendment rights and said the wrong thing. No one edited her – but they should of. She is not even a physc physician and she is downright rude. The quality of our airwaves just improved a bit with her gone

August 17, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Shellybelly

AMEN JESUS!!!!! (and I'm an atheist...)

August 17, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Steven Brown

She could always get work as a dominatrix.

August 17, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hackman

GOOD....She won't be missed. Another one who can't make it on her own merrit, but must try and use the shock jock approach. DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE BUTT ON THE WAY OUT.....

August 17, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. High Time She Went

Glory Hallelujah!!! Thanks Be To God! This woman has needed to go for the L-o-n-g-e-s-t time! I am So Happy about her decision that it has not only made my day nor my week but perhaps my whole Year! YIIIIPPPEEEE! Let's shout for joy and celebrate, America!

August 17, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Greg Gilbert

Dr Laura is pointing out the unhealthy oversensitivity that exists in this country. Good for her! She retires educating the public. What a cool way to retire.

August 17, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Myeshia

Hahaha! Goodbye Dr. Laura!
    I loved how she dug herself into a deeper hole by mentioning an incident on a basketball court with her "black" friend! She was scrambling to get control and clearly the caller had her stuck. She was in total defense mode. For her to say she is quitting to get her right to free speech is crap. She is quitting because she cannot live down the fact that she showed us this side. Her ignorance is mind blowing. So what next? Aahhh, yes. A book? Tea Party? Oprah! We will see here soon!

August 17, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blame Bush

I foresee a reality TV show with Laura, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rev Ted and all the usual GOP morality hypocrites.

August 17, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sarah

FINALLY. Take your racism off the radio. You can bring your "first amendment rights" with the tea-party and their racist ways. You can be best friends forever.

August 17, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

That Sarah is an excitable little lemming isn't she?

August 17, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Charlie

She wants to "regain [her] First Amendment Rights". No one took them away. This is a common mistake made by public people who say things that draw a negative reaction. The First Amendment protects you from the Government (in most cases except for example yelling fire in a crowded theater) and from other unlawful attempts to silence free speech. It does not protect you from other consequences such as people expressing displeasure with what you say and not supporting your sponsers, etc.

Just an added note. Listening just a few times to her show (all I could take) I was constantly annoyed by her interrupting the callers and presuming that with a few words she new what the caller had in mind. A lot of the time she would get the wrong idea. Why is that good radio?

August 17, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Greg Gilbert

Good for your Sarah. You can sure stereotype welll and you sit there thinking your on some moral highground .... lol

August 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Greg

There is one less venomous -acid tonged radio host on the air. Her "morals" are backwards.

August 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jay

Don't let the door hit you on the azz on the way out you Freak.

August 17, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |