August 26th, 2010

Tiger's teeing much improved; Elin lookalike?

The same week Tiger Woods divorces, he bounces back on the golf course.

Tiger Woods was the Tiger of old Thursday - shooting a 65 and is tied for the lead at the Barclays in New Jersey after his first round.

His performance comes a few days after the formal announcement was made that he and Elin Nordegren are legally splitsville. His performance at Barclays is being noted by Golf.com who also pointed out a Nordegren lookalike on the green.

Tiger had been playing the worst season of his professional career until Thursday.

Nordegren's first, and perhaps last, interview was published in People Wednesday in which she said she'd "been through hell" with the golfer over his alleged extra-marital trysts. It was last November that this poor SUV and subsequently Tiger's reputation took quite a beating.

Post by:
Filed under: Sports • Tiger Woods
  1. hjs3

Nothing like a little bounce back.....
    The "65" of course...

GO TIGER!

August 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mucholaugho

No doubt, Tiger's a great golfer who just lost his groove for a time, but; now he's back !!! Elin, was wronged, but; she'll have a better life with that settlement money than she'd have had with Tiger...You go girl !

August 26, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmbraceReality

Another envious gold digger....

August 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Amelio

Tiger is the best golfer! EVER!

August 26, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. John Smith

Too bad Tiger's Escalade didn't hit something harder.

August 26, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JuJu

WOW... I finally found a Tiger-lovefest blog!!! Most blogs have the majority of posters blasting Tiger. I actually do feel bad that they could not get the marriage reconciled (blame the media for that one everyone!) BUT... GO, TIGER, GO!!!

After this settlement, he deserves some wins and a nice little cuddle 🙂

I'm just sayin!

August 26, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LadyM

Should have never married her to begin with. Tiger, I am happy your golf game is improving but please stay within your race (the African-American race that is) going forward. We will treat you much better and show you "genuine" love. Elin was only with you for money and unfortunately, she got it. Your dad was African-American and I can't understand for the life of me why you wasted your time with all of that PWT. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT! He should be called out on his blatant disregard of the MANY beautiful African-American females. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY POST, I DON'T CARE! SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT!!!

August 26, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • AP28

you disgust me, LadyM.

August 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vesalius

Tiger can't help it if he is not black enough for you. The man is only 1/2 black and you act like he committed some crime by having a preference other than a sista. Get over yourself. Some people like vanilla and some like chocolate or as in Tigers case he apparently likes neapolitan, with as many colors and flavors as he can handle every evening. Being free to have a preferences is one of the great things about being human and being american.

August 26, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiger, My Hero

Maybe he wanted someone under 200lbs, and whose butt wasn't as wide as an SUV.

August 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • e.

ladym? you're truly barbaric.

August 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • unavailable1

Your pretty stupid LadyM and somewhat of a racist, he is of mixed breed like many, mother was Asian and his father was mixed as well, having American Indian blood and African American. Hopefully, if he ever marries again, it will be for love and not the color of one's skin.

August 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. laurie

Wow, all this support for Tiger. Thank you Elin for taking a stand and not playing the pathetic wife standing by this poor example of a man. Great golfer yes, that's about all I can say positive about him. Elin, take the money and rebuild your life, hope you can find love again and someone who deserves you and your beautiful children.

August 26, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • LadyM

WHATEVER LAURIE. ELIN IS A GOLDDIGGER!!!

August 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiger, My Hero

Rebuild her life? With a 100 mil.,should could rebuild a country.

August 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vesalius

Until LadyM's post, I did not know true african-american queens were OK with there man, as long as he is african-american, sleeping with dozens of other women. Do the other women have to be african-american as well or is it OK to slum around and bang a few whte/asian/indian women as well? AS long as he doesn't brang them home why not let a brotha do his thang and keep your pure african -american family together.

August 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mamma

Laurie, good for you.

LadyM – You sound like the "gold-digger." Jealous of someone getting a man you want, who had a very profitable modeling career PRIOR to meeting and marrying Tiger and has successfully stood up for what all woman should – Respect for yourself, your marriage and your family.

Go find a pimp to hang out with and name him Tiger. Then you can have a "man."

As for me and I am sure many other women (Sandra Bullock, for example) will stick with men who are able to keep their pants zipped up when it isn't their wife. I also won't be chasing after a married man, no matter who he is, what he has or how gorgeous I think he is.

And for everyone's information, I like Tiger. I think he is a great golfer and ultimately a good person. However, HE made the mistake; NOT Elin. HE said he would be faithful for life and started a family with her. SHE wasn't the one who lied and cheated, and it is shameful that most of you are sticking up for someone who so completely went against everything marriage stands for. Would you want your significant other cheating on YOU behind your back or with your knowledge? Put yourself in her shoes.

August 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mamma

Vesalius – I agree with you on your statement. Fits in with what I was thinking.

August 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • shutthefrakup

Oh, like you would leave ur man that's paying for your children, and puts a roof over ur head when you haven't got to work? No....she can leave b/c he's a gazillionaire. No one really knows his home life, but I can tell you one thing....if he was a regular blue-collar guy, she would stick it out with that "poor excuse of a man" because she has no other choice but to get a REAL JOB and actually work to support her children without him.

August 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mamma

To shutthefrakup: YES, I personally would leave even if I was married to a blue collar worker. You know why??? Because I DESERVE the respect from my HUSBAND to NOT go against our marriage. I also deserve to be treated fairly, not be beaten or emotionally tormented. OUR children DESERVE a family that is focused on love and setting the right example.

If you are too lazy to get off YOUR a** and don't care if your man runs around on you, then that is your choice. For those of us who have enough self respect and expect to be treated the same way we treat OUR significant other, WE will move on and provide the life we want/need and show OUR children that it is NOT okay to lie, cheat, beat, etc those we love (or, for that manner, strangers.)

August 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Brian

Funny how he was playing like Crap until the divorce was finalized....Keep those Career Earning this year down for the Divorce Settlement...someone had some good Legal advice...although Elin took Millions and it probably is irrelevant – Seems a bit "contrived" if he wins this event after the way he played this year....but still a big Fan. He only porblem was he should of never gotten Married. Now he just needs to be a Good Dad and move on and Have some Real Fun.

August 26, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • LadyM

I like your post Brian and like I said before, HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER MARRIED HER TO BEGIN WITH!!! AND TO 'Mamma' "profitable modeling career" OH PLEEZ! She made more off Tiger than her "so called" modeling career paid. I said it once and DAMMIT I'll say it again, SHE'S A GOLDDIGGER!!!

August 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • .

Agreed, but this guy is going to get ripped off again by another dumb broad...bet

August 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mamma

LadyM – You are the only "gold-digger" on this page. And, for having stopped modeling in-order to marry and have children with Tiger at a very young age AND for supporting her Husbands career rather then follow her own, she made out very well on her own. Yes, Tiger makes a h*ll of a lot more; but who can be compared to Tiger when it comes to making money??? Bill Gates, Opera, Trump... People who work hard and/or have talent that takes them places. Who knows where Elin would be if she hadn't given in to Tiger's advances. He did chase her for a year BEFORE she even agreed to go out with him.

I wonder if you would have waited a FULL YEAR before going on a first date with ANYONE you think would support YOUR LAZY A**. Something tells me that you wouldn't have made it passed the first introduction before throwing your naked a** at him and offering to suck till the cows came home.

Something you were evidently never taught: "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?" Go find your BLACK pimp and name him Tiger. After all, you will never get the real thing. He doesn't even DO BLACK.

August 28, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rob

Tiger wood's mother is Asian, Tiger's dad is half native Indians, now you suck it up LadyM.

August 26, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Right.

It's funny! when a man cheats on his wife, how soon it becomes a federal crime.
    Can someone help me with the answer, as to why it doesn't happen like this in the case of the wife cheating.
    Are we living in a women's world?

TIGER...It's time to RISE again....I am glad it's off your chest.....GOOD LUCK my friend.

August 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MOBADTHANGOOD

She got her money. Its done.

August 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dennis

Free again, I'm Free again, Thank god I'm free again.

August 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Amazed...

Wow. Quite a sampling of intelligence here.

TW is a dog whose day is pretty much over. Elin, like any woman, would have to be quite ignorant not to have realized what was going on. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it, though.

August 26, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jean

She was too tight any way for Tiger. He needed something more loose and enjoyable in bed. Skinny models are terrible in bed. And that person telling him to marry african american is so silly. He cheated on many women and non is african american so keep dreaming. Its good to see him back in the game. I love the idea that he actually brought down his game for lower divorce settlements. Never thought that way. Whatever. Good to see you back. Nike must be happy. The others are trembling.

August 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cannondaler

Hmmmm.........Elin does have an identical twin sister........could he just be keeping it in the family.....so to speak? And has Tiger ever dated a black chick? I had guessed his game would improve as soon as he got some "outa-town strange".

August 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |