September 17th, 2010

'Bore hole' reaches trapped miners in Chile

A bore hole reached 33 trapped Chilean miners Friday, officials said, but it must be widened before miners can squeeze through - a process that should take a few weeks.

Read the full story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Chile miners trapped
  1. pay attention

man, unimaginable. i guess as miners it's not as far a reach for them as the average citizen, but sheesh. poor basterds. and once again a comment board shows how those obsessed with living their lives based on fairy tales (gods) get distracted from reality, humanity and its innate goodness and spirit, no embellishment (brainwashing, or cover-up) needed.

September 17, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Need some help

Now if someone could just dig this country out the hole it has fallen into!

September 17, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mike OMD

It luck & will power only

September 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. my self

I have never came across a page and finally seeing that the brain washing church's has been doing for decades now is no longer working and ppl are really deeing the truth, I wish the best to these miners and their familys, but no need to thank god because there is no god, satan , heaven or hell!:) thank the real people who are saving there lives, you know the ones you can see and hear but all you holys go ahead and praise and thank your imaginary friend god and blame the bad on make believe satan!!

September 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LMS

You have everyright to express your beliefs in this post, as this is the land of the free. Try doing this in non-God (or any religion/belief) country, and you will be put to jail for that. This post is about miners that have finally been reached, and if anyone says "Thank God" or "Thank...whatever they want to say"...it is their right. Yes, I thank God for those people that have used modern technology to find these men and now are trying to get them out. Anyone can say what they want....we are just expressing our happiness for these trapped miners. Obviously engineers have to do with this. I didn't believe in God at one time. No one made me believe in him....and it has been 25 years now that He has proven himself to me in many ways. If you don't believe in him, as I once did...I respect that...but I won't bash you either. I don't believe in religion...I believe in a personal relationship with God. Hebrews 11:6 (New International Version)
    6: "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

September 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

Oh... so you are in it for the rewards? Greedy B@st@Rd

September 17, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • pay attention

good god (expression), it's not about rights, it's about literacy and ego. if you came to read this article, the comment board is for this article, not about your tourette's for praising the lord. if you want to do that, there are a million appropriate comment boards for it. and no, i won't ignore people shoving this pandemic in everyone's faces – belief in gods obscures awareness and nurturing of one's own innate human spirituality in far too many cases and is an affliction that causes incredible conflict in our world. the expiration date is up on this fantasy. get right with yourself and your fellow humans. all that good stuff you have faith in is right here on earth.

September 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

"Try doing this in non-God (or any religion/belief) country, and you will be put to jail for that."

No you won't be.

The United States is FAR from the only country with freedom of speech, despite your misguided belief in American Exceptionalism.

Freedom of speech is granted unambiguous protection in international law by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which is binding in nearly 150 nations.

September 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mixedapproach

We are simply an ant farm for aliens. Its that simple. Thats your god. All that magical water to wine nonsense. Seriously ? I'm supposed to believe what some scribe, jacked up on peyote, wrote down on lamb skin ? Wake up people. They are only being rescued due to the fact our society still has a hint of compassion. That or the U.S. is funding the project as in most cases. TGIF everyone

September 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

Oh Lord.. Fogive the pitty souls that are too arrogant and ignorant to think they are great... have mercy on us.
    We will always and forever worship you.

– I am really shocked on how humanity is progressing towards the drift... are we breeding lost generations without any moral left?

September 17, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

I don't worship your God... Never or ever... I don't need your gods mercy... As for my pitiful soul... I live my life as I see fit, feeling neither guilty for innocent acts, nor superiour for truly benificient acts. I don't drink in excess, I am polite and courteous, I try to help people when I can without expectations of any returns, and I never forget a debt or favor. Now you tell me... Because I do nice things, live my life right, and live a moral purpose driven life, but I do not believe in your god, am I going to hell? How about all the christians out there drinking, boozing, cheating and living lifes of guilty glutony... Are they going to heaven because they believe in god? If so, I want nothing to do with your god.

September 17, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • pay attention

belief in gods distracts from morality, which does exist right here. you shirk it when you claim it only exists through your fairy tales.

September 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Anybody requiring an ancient book to tell them to be a moral person is not a moral person. Anybody requiring the threat of hell or the promise of heaven to keep from being a murderer is not a moral person.

September 17, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cheryl, Oklahoma City

GOD IS GREAT....GOD IS MERCIFUL...AND GOD DOES EXIST! I PRAY, TO GOD, THAT THESE MINERS ARE BACK WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS...SOON.

September 17, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

And because MAN will acomplish this you'll accedit it to your god. But when man fails, you credit it towards mans own hubris... Hrm... kinda one sided isn't that?

September 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • God

I don't exist. Stop babbling on about me like I actually ever did anything.

September 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. PARROT

WE SHOULD SEND LADY GAGA TO CHILE...!!!

September 17, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ian

You who believe it's Gods will that will save them, do you also believe it was his will that they should be trapped underground for months.
    You don't know your God exists.....that's why it's called Faith...belief in the absence of fact !

September 17, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

and you don't know that God doesn't exist...belief in the absence of fact. You are doing the same thing you are damning us for.

September 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I DO know that God exists. I have no doubts. What about you? My definition of faith is believing in Him, trusting Him. How strong is your faith? And what of its meaning....

September 17, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. GIGI

hail to the devil now make it collapse

September 17, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MH

This is"GOOD"!I hope 4 the best.

September 17, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Stephen Hawking knows more than you

A number of the rescuers credit Stephen Hawking for inspiring them to work harder because hard work is the only dependable method to save the trapped miners.

September 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DrFreeman

Finally, some good news for once. I will be pulling for their quick rescue. I can't imagine being stuck down there for as long as they have. Strength be with you trapped brothers.

September 17, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |