September 17th, 2010

'Bore hole' reaches trapped miners in Chile

A bore hole reached 33 trapped Chilean miners Friday, officials said, but it must be widened before miners can squeeze through - a process that should take a few weeks.

Read the full story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Chile miners trapped
  1. Stephen Hawking knows more than you

Have many of you have ever met god face to face?

September 17, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane Doe

Jesus Christ lives in Colorado. I'm a fan of his talk radio show.

September 17, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. DC

this is about miners NOT GOD

September 17, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. God

Why did I put them there? Because I can. Want to know how to save them? Head over to church and donate 10% of your income. Cause thats how I roll.

September 17, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

Dear God

I have been a very good boy. I know you are busy but if you could see it in your heart to let me win the lottery I swear on my imoortal/mortal soul that I will donate 10% to your church and use the rest for only good things... Like Ferarris, million dollar mansions and German Chocolate Cake. Oh and since you are an all forgiving god I hope your don't mind if I lied about the 10% to your church thing. Thanks in advance... the 800 lb Gorilla in the room

September 17, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. d junior

god isnt fair. I doesnt matter what you do this world and ppl around would make you dont believe it isnt a god but god is real. If you have faith and believe in him then its nothing to worry about. Most ppl view life in human form but everything should be spiritual. When you die you will wish you believed in him and worshiped him and asked for forgiveness and admitt your a sinner. Everyone is a sinner in his eyes. Not even the highest priest or pasture are not perfect. Remember good ppl dont go to heaven the blessed and forgiven do.

September 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephen Hawking knows more than you

Question: Do you still believe in the tooth fairy? If not, please explain why you stopped believing.

September 17, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

So by your logic I could go out and murder, plunder, pillage, raze, commit attrocities and as long as I seek forgivness from a mythical being in the sky I'll get to spend all eternity in paradise as opposed to the guy who has naver heard the word of god and does all things moral and charitable throughout his life? You can keep your god...

September 17, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. NotYourAverageBear

A bunch of guys went down in to a dangerous hole to try and dig stuff up to make some money. The hole caved in and they got stuck. Now a bunch of people have to spend a bunch of time and money to try and dig them out. It's a tired old parlor trick that happens ALL THE TIME. Deep holes in the ground are a dangerous place to be. If you spend enough time in them, there's a good chance you'll wind up getting stuck. If there was a GOD involved in this little fiasco, in any way, that would be good enough reason to denounce him on the spot. If you truly believe in an all powerful god, why would you want to sully him by associating him with ANYTHING involving this clear cut case of human greed and stupidity. The only good thing that might come of it, is that maybe afew of these guys will be smart enough to stay out of holes until they need to get put in one permanently. I wish them luck, but wise up and leave God out of it.

September 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mixedapproach

again, I repeat. Religion is a mental illness. Only the efforts of human beings will extract those miners.

September 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Hillman

Is it a mental illness, or a weapon of mass destruction?

September 17, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Amen

JH, what a bore you are. "God will punish those that do not worship him." What do you plan to do in eternity? Worship god all day and night for ever? You better practice first by siting in a Sunday School Class for a few months. Then you will really understand how boring worship of a god can get after a while.

September 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. please pray

Please pray for all of those on this blog who had bashed God.

September 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephen Hawking knows more than you

I said, "We pray", pray, ah yeah, we pray, pray
      We got to pray just to make it today

September 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jimmy Dean

God didn't put those men down there. The FSM did. ALL HAIL FSM!

September 17, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alex

Religion – last bastion of the ignorant

September 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. john i will pray for you

I will pray for you

September 17, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. john i will pray for you

liberalism– last bastion of the ignorant

September 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JS

Thank science. Thank human ingenuity and the advancement of human knowledge for saving the miners. If you're going to thank gods, then also give those gods credit for trapping the miners in the first place. Such a sadistic, immoral deity is not worthy of our thanks.

September 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. john i will pray for you

Only the efforts of human beings and God will extract those miners

September 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • GuerillaGorilla

@john i will pray for you – As soon as god reaches down and pulls one (or more) of those miners out without ANY human intervention I'll start believing in him.

September 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. furbee

wonder what the one guy is gonna do when he finally gets to the surface and has to deal with his wife AND his girlfriend....oops! He might want to stay down there 🙂

September 17, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |