September 20th, 2010

Woman in acid-attack hoax charged with theft

Prosecutors have charged Bethany Storro, who admitted throwing a corrosive liquid on her own face, with three counts of theft from people or companies acting as good Samaritans, Clark County, Washington, officials said Monday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Washington state
  1. Andrew

I don't understand her motive other than to think she's not happy w her appearance. Doing this to herself she thought would get compassion from plastic surgeons who could fix her face up for free?

September 20, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tarig

Who is responsible for insanity? The Parents? the Church,WHO? Def. not me or any honest hard working taxpaye.
    If she is indeed a nut case, I think those so called Samaritans should swallow it and move on, may be next time they think before throwing their money – I suspect for cheap publicity anyways-.
    I do not want her to be charge and ultimately put in prison, we will end up paying for a fat cat prison owner/contractoer. We are screwed either way.

September 20, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kim

They need 2 lock her up she crazy what ever affect or reaction she was looking 4 did not happen she has 2 be responsible 4 the lies an money she stole but she is crazy!

September 20, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patrick

wat an idiot ur not cool for doin wat u did ur just a retarded person tryin to get attention but in reality ur just a loser who probably should go kill them self cuz they suck at life nice work

September 20, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Waffles

Well, if they cut her a break like they did for Paris Hilton, she'll be okay.

September 20, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. amy

I got my Halloween costume for this year!

September 20, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dwight

Send her to prison.

September 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Chelsey

ArmyofOne, I'm with you.... I don't live anywhere near where this all happened, and i was looking over my shoulder scared... That is totally wrong and she should be punished for what she did, crazy or not. Although apples would disintegrate in acid.. how about peroxide... it would burn like crazy, and probably bleach her hair, but it wouldn't cause more damage to an already so damaged person.

Adam V, when people who do something wrong knowingly and then bring God and Jesus into it, I've lost all compassion for them. I've had a lot of people try to scam me while I was searching for rental houses through Craigslist, and they always said they were on a "mission from God"... God would not want someone to prosper when someone else is being hurt by it.

September 20, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Scott A

So prosecutors can go after one woman for bilking hundreds or thousands of dollars out of "good sumaritan" companies, but they can't go after entire companies for bilking consumers out of billions of dollars? Next time some moron tells you the justice system is made up of liberals, point them to a dictionary so they can actually look the word up (of course if they think liberalism is a bad word, then its likely they don't even know what a dictionary is.

September 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tommy

Nobody said she's going to jail.. She'll likely be fined, ordered to repay these people and probably get some BS book deal or reality show because the compassionate, politically correct masses want to know why she did it. Booooo!

September 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dwight

Shame on her.

September 20, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. christina

I think this woman has some very seriouse mental problems with her image,and after she did this felt ashamed and blamed it on someone that would never be caught. She should get punished fully and the help she needs.

September 20, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Edward

She obviously has mental issues and has punished herself by doing this; however she should be responsible for her actions. I heard there were two other people who had acid thrown on them by copy cat attackers. So a fake crime has resulted in two real ones. She should be responsible for these too.

September 20, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pho ga

i would have felt sorry for her when she was pretty (crazy hot?), but now that she made herself all acid washed ugly, i really don't care if they throw the book at her.

September 20, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. 97203

Someone said it doesn't matter that she falsly accused a black person because blacks are trash. I think anyone of any race who trys to get attention by disfiguring themselves are trash. They were stopping black women who didn't even fit the description.she needs a harsh punishment for what she did. She has wasted tax payers money!

September 20, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |