September 24th, 2010

Fourth lawsuit filed against Pastor Eddie Long

A fourth lawsuit has been filed against Atlanta-area Pastor Eddie Long,
alleging he coerced a 15 year-old into sex during a trip to Africa.

The man named in the new suit says he first met the pastor at his church in Charlotte, North Carolina. The improprieties continued after he moved to Atlanta at the behest of Long to attend a local university, he said.

A spokesman for Long denied the allegations. He has denied similar allegations of impropriety from 3 other men.

"Our position about the lawsuits has not changed. Bishop Long categorically deny the charges. We believe that it is unfortunate the young men have chosen to take this course of action. The defense team will review the complaints and respond accordingly at the appropriate time and in the appropriate forum," Art Franklin said.

Read the full story on CNN.com.

Post by:
Filed under: Church Abuse
  1. JOhnW

If this is true, then the young men are truly victims. What frightens me the most are those who seem to love and worship these "Megapastors" more than Jesus himself. Many other sites, including several Facebook pages have hundreds of people proclaiming their love for their "Bishop" and claiming Satan is behind all of this.

September 24, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • irene

That's because people who attend these mega-churches are not to bright! In fact, the very idea that we should not learn the truth, but have faith in our god as interpreted by pastors is really stupid! They ought to be outlawed because they coerce people into believing and supporting them with the irrational fear that questioning their greedy wisdom will send them to hell. It is time to tax the churches, they are nothing but a sham!

September 24, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Riszo

OLD ASS FREAK HIDING BEHIND THE CLOTH!!!!!!!!!

September 24, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Charles

God hates hipocrisy and has a way of shining light on it. Couldn't be true to himself because he wouldn't have been able to live like a millionaire off his congregation.

September 24, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rolllo Tomasii

Charlatan.

He's driving around in a Bentley, you say? Yea, he played you people...the accusers have questionable backgrounds and this is about getting money, he says? Well that might be true about the accusers...hmm...but I tip my hat to them, because I'm believing just about everything they are saying at this point. .Look, I have been a cop for years, and I would bet my pension that this guy is dirty.

September 24, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teenie

oh yea...

September 24, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo

I concur with your conclusions sir. If Jesus really did exist he was not crusing around in Bentley fashion so why should a modern day pastor emulate capitalism? Because 25,000 people hand him money every sunday and he talks to them. It has nothing to do with god. Just teen boys and money.

September 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mary

Now it's really starting to sound like a load of crap..
    thinking he might get one guy to go along with it and never talk is one thing..But thinking he could just do anything to anyone and never get caught or lie his way of it , is absurd..
    Sounds like a group effort to take this man down.. And with today;s world..I think most people are aware all he need to do is accuse.."DONE DEAL" your ruined.. An accusation is as good as the deed..People don't ask for proof anymore..~!

September 24, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikec

I feel sorry for you.

September 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

mikec
      You feel "sorry" for me????
      Because I expect proof before I judge...?
      No I feel sorry for you...People that don't care for proof need to understand, you better go through life never making anyone angry..Or you could find yourself on the other end of an accusation yourself..

September 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Moon

He led his flock astray. Now he must pay. Another hypocrite on his soapbox. Maybe he should get together with the guy who wanted to burn the quran's and have a little something special after a couple glasses of wine.

September 24, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pumpkinhead

I can't believe people are followers of this phony. Come on million dollar income and home and driving around in a Bentley wearing five-thousand dollar suits...anyone who goes to this man's church and donates to his lavish lifestyle is a fool.

September 24, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. keith

sometimes dust can look like smoke, depending on your point of view- we don't know the facts, not all of them, so how can any of us say anything with any real certainty? sheesh people

September 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Olivia Hodo

My heart goes out to Vanessa and her family. May the creator be with you and remain strong.

September 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • exbronxboy

why do people put their faith in the hands of another human...do they realily believe that god game this person some power that they don't have...how many example of this type of stuff do you need to see (not even counting this one). pick up what ever bible you believe in and read it yourself. and for those who are wishing god would be with his family in this time of trouble...where was god while all of this was going on? Was he busy and now he's going to help the family...come on man.

September 24, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alex

What a surprise – another religous "leader" abusing his power to satisfy tendencies that he condemns publicly...as if religion had any credibility left!

September 24, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jimbo

I am glad there are more young men coming forward. From what I have heard Pastor Long picked young men who were needy and helped them find their way to a better life and sadly also into his pants. Sick man will get what he wants (not what he deserves) in the end, forgiveness from his flock and a long list of interviews and an undisclosed cash settlement. Pastor Long is probably in touch with the Vatican to purchase the Catholic damage control plan used when priests are caught with their pants around their ankles. If a god really existed why would he let this stuff happen. He didn't waste much time when he allegedly had Noah built an ark.

September 24, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mac

I dont think it is possible for all for to be lying. In every lie there is a thread of truth. All I pray for is if there is any truth in it just confess and ask for forgiveness for the body of Christ's sake.I am praying for the bishop,the church and the accusers. I know it is possible because it happened to me in my youth by a Bishop and it still scars me in my adult life.

September 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

If you truly believe that people don't get together to tell the same lie then you have never been a school kid thats getting bullied. The "where there is smoke there is fire" and "If so many say it there must be shred of truth" is so wrong..
      People can and they do get together to bring one person down..
      Thats why waiting for a proof and not judging is the right thing to do..
      Anyone can be on the other end of an accusation..
      Why can' t people wait for proof? Why are people so quick to want to judge?
      It's really scary...

September 24, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Eddie

God has to most twisted sense of humor.

September 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tamara

This has nothing to do with believing in God but instead people shouldn't trusti every person who calls himself a pastor. Don't let your kids hang out with these so-called "pastors."

September 24, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo

True true true. Anyone who dresses the way Long does and drives a Bentley does not represent any religion he represents capitalism.

September 24, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mikec

Maybe he just thought the boys were demons and he was doing the work of god

September 24, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |