September 24th, 2010

Fourth lawsuit filed against Pastor Eddie Long

A fourth lawsuit has been filed against Atlanta-area Pastor Eddie Long,
alleging he coerced a 15 year-old into sex during a trip to Africa.

The man named in the new suit says he first met the pastor at his church in Charlotte, North Carolina. The improprieties continued after he moved to Atlanta at the behest of Long to attend a local university, he said.

A spokesman for Long denied the allegations. He has denied similar allegations of impropriety from 3 other men.

"Our position about the lawsuits has not changed. Bishop Long categorically deny the charges. We believe that it is unfortunate the young men have chosen to take this course of action. The defense team will review the complaints and respond accordingly at the appropriate time and in the appropriate forum," Art Franklin said.

Read the full story on CNN.com.

Post by:
Filed under: Church Abuse
  1. sharron

In the BIble, GOD said there shall be no other god before me. I think that's what happen when you start worshipping man, you start losing sight of the prize. What I mean by worshipping man? When you have church members that will be ready to fight you if you disagree with anything that their pastor say or do. I have no problem with anyone preaching or teaching the word of GOD, because I really believe in the word of GOD. I just don't like it when some people use it for their benefit.

September 24, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lori

It's interesting that people jump to the defense of this guy just because he is a pastor as if that exempts him from being human. Religion is such a powerful influence on so many lives, people put too much emphasis on the denomination (Baptist, Methodist..etc) rather than thinking for themselves. I can believe that young men were brainwashed by religion and Bishop Long before I can believe that this guy is innocent just because he's a pastor.

September 24, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • IceT

That statement couldn't be more true to reality.

September 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JOHNJOHNINLA

......

September 24, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. IceT

Since believing in God means you believe God is watching your every move every second of every day and will judge you to eternity in hell, would you still commit this crime? No, or you truly do not believe in God. If your Mother was standing next to you, you wouldn't do it would you? Most people truly do not believe in God.

September 24, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ATL

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
    Mohandas Gandhi

September 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. stacey e

It's really ashamed that just because someone says "you done it" ,means your guilty. First, before you judge this man you need to wait until all the facts come out. Secondly, you need to make sure these guys don't have a a hidden agenda or some type of motive. Because they could be lying to get attention an money. I find it kind of arrange that they have waited all these years until they are of age that now if they were to sue Pastor Long an his church they can get all their money instead of their parents. At the age of 15,16 or 17 you are old enough to speak out. Know I'm not saying that he didn't do it nor am I saying he did I just think people need to stop being so quick to judge cause they will be the first to be judged.

September 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chingo blingo

Its so gay for another man to send pics of himself to another man and its so funny that members of the Pastor's congregation who supports him doesn't see this FACT! Can't you guys see there's something very wrong with that FACT?

September 24, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KeepItReel

@David. What's your suggestion? So what should we be praying about? For both bishop Long and the group of young men. That things go in both their favor?

September 24, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Streaker

I saw the pictures....Yup he's gay!!!

September 24, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Enrique

The problem with African Americans is that we count our achievements to be more important than God himself, when i turn on the radio all i hear from people like T.D Jakes is " name it and claim it ", these men have exalted themselves above God and his true prophesies concerning end time events, Bishop Jakes is used to always making outrageouse comments about seventh day adventist because they keep Gods holiday which he has commanded, so my question is where do these so called men of God, that live a life of luxury, driving fancy and expensive cars and oversized suits, having no form of the image of christ in them, where do these false prophets get the authority to claim that they speak for God, as for me they are just like the Bible describes them in revelation, daugthers of the beast( Catholic Church), false prophets teachers of false doctrine.
    We have all sinned and i think it is about time these men start realizing that they are just men not God and they should also stop deceiving ignorant black church members that will not read their Bibles, but always look for a human being as a mentor.

September 24, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Streaker

Looked at the pictures again.......Yup still GAY!!!!!

September 24, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tauyette

testing

September 24, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superjesse

Hey Bishop you better thank all those church goer's for you lifestyle of them young men, they really must love you . As for me and all my friends cant wait to see you at your Sunday speech, I already have the popcorn and the beer. Don't worry Bishop you will have a lot of male friends in prison ,but they are not gay but they sure will Pretend and Practice with you Scream all you want those Prison guy love the sound.I got to give it to your good attorneys "they are gonna get paid BIG TIME..".... hahahah ahahah ahahah hahaha hahahah Hate is always BAD.. ,

September 24, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. C Go

What a pig!!! They better not let this sleaze out of getting what he deserves!!!

September 24, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Vestimenta

I first want to start of be saying that I am a Christian and I don’t have a motive here. My problem with the whole thing is why is he saying this is an attack on him and his church? This has nothing to do with the church these allegations involve you and you only. I’m not saying this is what he is doing; but it seems to me he is looking to make his church feel that it is an attack on them as a whole to get them to be on his side. He needs to accept responsibility for his actions if this is true and stand alone for his actions. Don’t brain wash the church info feeling that these boys have any motive against them. How sad to do something like this; real men man up and accept responsibility for their actions, not hide behind the 25k people. With all of this said I hope this is not true.

September 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • tauyette

Correction, it is an attack on the church as well as the organization the young men were apart of. If you would read the lawsuit that has been plastered all over the internet, then you would know that they not only go after the Bishop alone, but included the church and the organization. Why? Because New Birth is a multi-international business, and that is where the big bucks are.

September 25, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |