September 24th, 2010

Judge sets bail for Lindsay Lohan at $300,000

A California judge has set bail for actress Lindsey Lohan at $300,00, a few hours after another judge ordered her into jail for failing a court-ordered drug test, a Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman said.

Earlier Friday, Judge Elden Fox ordered Lohan jailed for four weeks without bail while she awaited a probation revocation hearing scheduled for October 22.

Lohan was led out of Fox's courtroom in handcuffs.

In response to a writ of habeas corpus filed on Lohan's behalf, Judge Patricia Schnegg set bail at $300,000, Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said.

Lohan must wear an alcohol-detection device after bail is posted, Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said.

Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Drugs • Lindsay Lohan • Showbiz
  1. Mogwi

Yeah. this is a perversion of justice. First the judge needs to treat her like everyone else. Second, as a recovering addict myself, I know what she needs: to hit rock bottom. And apparently she needs to fall pretty far before she hits the bottom. Judges- stop catching her! She has had far more chances than your average person could hope for. Lindsey- we would love you if you loved yourself. Good luck.

September 24, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mayaj

I just learned this lesson the hard way with my own daughter..you can not love a person sober. She is on probation for heroin posession..a 5 year addiction that has cost her everything.. Unlike Lohan, if she has a dirty drug test, she goes directly to jail for the remainder of her 3 year sentence..no easy going judges will send her home with an ankle bracelet.
      I have done everything humanly possible to help her, but she has to find the way out herself. To help her is to enable her to continue down the road to nowhere but the grave. I have empathy for LL..I know what the struggle is..I see it every day in my own daughter. Our country is quick to voice disapproval, but often slow to provide services that people need to help themselves overcome addiction. I do hope she wins her battle, but until she really has to face the battle..she is already lost. Save her life..stop giving her breaks!

September 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NJ

She is one of God's children. Pray for her. It is not our job to judge others!

September 24, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • RealWorld

The sky fairy ain't going to fix this one.

September 25, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bryan

Please people this shouldn't even be news. Who cares. If you really care about this, please make sure to get your full head in front of the shotgun. Thanks for playing.

September 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • renee

I hate especially when you get this far into the comments and you are still reading comments like "is this really news, who cares?" Cause if ya didn't think it was news and ya didn't care why would you even be reading it this long. Please this is not a smart ass comment I really want an answer.

September 25, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Karen Fox

And so she continues to flaunt the law, and get away from having to "pay the piper".

If it were me, I'd be in jail until the hearing, and for a long time after.

September 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dennis

Demonstrates the need for a process to rate and hold judges accountable.

September 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Correct! One judge orders jail and another orders bail hrs later! So not only are the judge extending powers to create laws from the bench they can dispute and contradict the other, attempt to override executive powers and congressional powers...on the Logan note, I guess some innocent person need to be harm or die under logan's influence before before the "justice" invoke justice!

September 25, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Tara

i really thought they were going to teach her a lesson this time. The poor girl will end up like her idol marilyn monroe if she doesn't get it together real quick. i just don't understand the separate court systems for these so-called "stars". (and really what the hell has she done to qualify her as a star?????)

September 24, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Martin

Just goes to show that if you pay your lawyer enough, you can find a friendly judge to get you out of ANY situation.

Unless she goes to jail and/or rehab for a VERY long time, lohan will end up like Heath Ledger. I'd give her 3 years, tops, before she meets the same fate, and personally, I think that's being overly generous.

Her claim that drug abuse is a disease is a bs answer and an easy out for her. It's not a disease, it's a lifestyle choice, period.

This judge that released her on bail is the biggest enabler in her life to date. She keeps requesting friendly judges to get out. What happens when she violates conditions of this bail, which no doubt she will do?

It's interesting that no news broadcast I saw this evening mentioned this case in the first half hour. I guess everyone is sick and tired of covering this – they're all lohaned out.

September 24, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. The Truth

Police can speed. Presidents can pass health care when 90 percent of the country is against it. Government bails out crooks. And celebs get away with almost everything. Only in the United States of the Offended.

September 24, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chickenheads

Make that 89%, though I do believe your figures were pulled out of your ass so I'm not touching them. Here's some tin foil, go ahead and start making your little cap.

September 24, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Richard

No matter what anyone says, I truly believe the way clowns like Lohan and Hilton are treated by the justice system has a significant influence on how good kids turn bad. They see celebrities consistently thumbing their nose and making a circus of the courts, and the system consistently caves in. Children say hey it's no big deal if I get involved with drugs and booze, and get busted. It's something that will make me a star on my Facebook page. This entire situation makes me sick.

September 24, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MannyFMo

Where is that "Leave Britney Alone" guy who made the YouTube video???? He should do one for Lindsay!!!

September 24, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jer

Just when I thought a judge had finally gotten it right another star struck judge steps in and saves Lindsay. I hate to say it(or maybe I don't) but this girl isn't stopping until she OD's so Lindsay what are you waiting for??

September 24, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. John

When are the court going too treat celebrity,the same way they would any one else. She broke probation and admit it and tweeted about it because she new nobody was going too do anything too her.what is this the third or fourth times.that the three strike your out rule. If it was someone with no money,we be in jail and they throw the keys away.

September 24, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ulysses

Do you speak English or have spell check on your computer?

September 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

Ulysses
      I don't care how "John" spelled it..He is 'RIGHT' ~!!

September 24, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Mary,

You're right! This is an open forum to comment about this case, not to check on other people's grammar.

September 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Linden Pike

As I clutched my foreclosure notice today, it felt cold. The same cold feeling I felt when my company had gone bankrupt without notice 3 months ago, leaving me and my family with no income, no insurance. But for some reason, all I can keep thinking is "I wonder what Lindsey is up to?" Reality check CNN!!! This is why our priorities are so skewed that we as Americans have forgotten what matters.

September 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Adam

Why are people giving her sympathy? She violated her probation! She gets slaps on the wrists and blows her chances time and time again. Would the average person ever get this kind of special treatment? I doubt it. What a joke.

September 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. peter

Lindsey has made a JOKE of da JUSTICE SYSTEM

September 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

No the JUDGES are making a joke of the justice system. I thought if a party pleads guilty the judge is compel to sentence and uphold sentencing. How can a judge fail to perform and keep their job? Who are these judges accountable to when their actions or lack thereof mock justice and the will and rights of the people?

September 25, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • TEA

Agree the Justice System in this country is a joke....there is no true justice here. Lohan is just an example, there are plenty of people breaking probation on much worse charges than hers and the system just keeps slapping them on the wrist. If a judge tries to get tough a higher court just reverses it.

September 25, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |