September 25th, 2010

8 people shot, 3 stabbed after house party

Knives, guns and bottles were drawn in a fight after a party early Saturday near downtown Los Angeles, California, resulting in one death and 10 injuries, police said.

No one is in custody and the incident was not believed to be gang-related Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Cleon Joseph said.

Partygoers were leaving a birthday celebration around 2:05 a.m. at a house in the Boyle Heights neighborhood when the dispute occurred, Joseph said.

Eight people were shot, one fatally, and three were stabbed. A 22-year-old Hispanic man died of gunshot wounds, police said.

Police earlier Saturday said that 12 people had been shot.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime
  1. kale m

you guys are horrible.

September 26, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. realuty check

U are so racist people. Really. Cruel and mean. The earth belong to god. No right to judge otheres cause of skin color. And for your info white is a color too. So stop writing nasty things especially on races

September 26, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. phil

Realitycheck –In reality, white and black are not colors. If you want to see colors, look at a rainbow. Walls don't work. (reference the Berlin wall).

September 26, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. ang

Jim and michelle seems like u r in love with each other u r both pieces of trash u r worse than the people u critize.Hey maybe u should meet each other and fly 2 an island and stay there so u don't have to deal with any other species but yours and live happily ever after.I'm not racist just don't like people that think they own the world.Did I wrote it right?Darn!

September 26, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. ang

Oh yea michelle that was funny!!ah ah

September 26, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jim Brieske

ang and others. That's laughable calling me a racist. I could tell stories all day long about hanging out with my African American, Mexican, Chinese, Korean, Lithuanian and Russian friends.
    It's obvious that you and others have no sense of humor. Combine that with the fact there is some truth in what I wrote, makes you fire back with the racist card. It is a pathetic sad, display of stupidity.
    Lastly I get to judge anyone and say, "God D*m It" as often as I want while cussing. That's just the way things are. If you have a problem with all that then I suggest you choose your words wisely next time.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jewels

I think everybody needs to do some homework. Most of the illegal immigrants are here because they were given a legal visa and never left! Therefore on top of the fences we need to stop giving visas to people that are not able to be tracked. As for the individuals who think it is harsh to say these things open your own personal home to these people and teach them to live life right! Not just the illegals but the gang bangers too! America is about freedom of speech and if you can't handle that then go to the other side of the fence with your friends! To the individuals who think "real men" shoot and murder for no real reason then obviously you have never met a REAL MAN to mimic!

September 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jim Brieske

ang. I don't own the world. Never said I did own the world. However, having said that I say this.
    I know alot of people and maybe one them owns it.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. r.ogz

jim, michell... u guys r pathetics racists.. have u forgatten this land was taken away from mexicans and indians and after that this country was formed by inmigrants from all over the world? so what makes u guys think that u r the originals and unique to this land? dont 4get ure grandparents came here illegally 2

September 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Brieske

Sorry grammatical error from previous post. Should read, " maybe one of them owns it. "
    jewels you didn't just write, open your home to gang members. Did you? What are you? The absolute pinnacle of a naive person?
    The advice should have been, they need to go to church and learn a couple things, not your home.
    Punishment here has a limited amount of time. God has forever to give. That's a long time.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jimmy

Real men dont kill people COWARDS DO

September 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

The term "illegal alien" does not imply "any one who isn't white". White people can be illegal aliens as well. And I do understand that I would also want to flee a country/land/government for vital reasons but once you get here you should go through the proper channels to become a citizen.And maybe that's not easy I personally have not experienced that, but apparently my grandparents did.I am also not personally responsible for what happened to or on this land prior to my birth, but I think it wasn't the 1st time in mankinds history either. This country is still in its infancy it is relatively new. I live in SoCal and I am very well integrated into my multicultural surroundings. I am the only "white" person in my building and my neighbors who I associate/socialize with at my own free will/choice because I've grown to know them and love them and respect them are here LEGALLY from Mexico, Iran, Egypt, Afganistan, Peru and Vietnam. I also will say that no black person has ever done anything horrible to me or committed a crime against me. I am not a racist I just would like some order and doing this from my blackberry is real tedious....time to scramble some eggs, do some laundry and go to the beach and be thankful gods many blessings in my life.

September 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ,Dick Long

LA Is sin city. they all should have been shot and stab

September 26, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michelle

And btw, what did I say that was actually "racist"? Has the meaning of the word changed? I just lack tolerance for idiots and people with arrested development though. "Idiot" does not know skin color it is a state of mind so stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it. And that could even be a white persons crack pipe....

September 26, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Michelle

And now for those of us who are lactose intolerant, is this gonna cause an uprising from the cows?

September 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |