September 25th, 2010

8 people shot, 3 stabbed after house party

Knives, guns and bottles were drawn in a fight after a party early Saturday near downtown Los Angeles, California, resulting in one death and 10 injuries, police said.

No one is in custody and the incident was not believed to be gang-related Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Cleon Joseph said.

Partygoers were leaving a birthday celebration around 2:05 a.m. at a house in the Boyle Heights neighborhood when the dispute occurred, Joseph said.

Eight people were shot, one fatally, and three were stabbed. A 22-year-old Hispanic man died of gunshot wounds, police said.

Police earlier Saturday said that 12 people had been shot.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime
  1. Michelle

Of course the previous post was not directed to white cows....

September 26, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ginger ale

So tired of idiots like #1noballsballa pulling the race card. What is it...ignorance? You can't comprehend a decent way to behave and so you point fingers anywhere so you never have to take responsibility for your actions.. Grow up and be a 'real man' if you can even find one in your circle of aquaintances.

September 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ginger ale

I mean if you can even find a real man in your circle to emulate. I doubt it.

September 26, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

IABHs. We do more than just eat tacos.
    That's my recruitment slogan.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mn

1 dead 300 million live not bad

September 26, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JFK1

NEVER take a knife to a gun fight ! ! !

September 26, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JFK1

Was the Hispanic man legal or illegal? The party itself could be a solution. Maybe we could like rope off a huge area, throw a huge block/mile party, ship in free tequila with an assortment of knives and guns attached to each bottle. LOCK the doors and wait. After the party, send in a clean up crew. Story over.

September 26, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michelle

Lol, how come when Mobsters are in the headlines the Italians don't scream racism? And as someone who is half Irish I have not considered filing suit against McDonalds for the Shamrock Shake but maybe I should. Our slogan could be "We don't just eat cornbeef and cabbage"

September 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ang

jim ur sense of humor may be applaud for some but offensive to others,when u start writing about your IBHS crap or whatever, u r still taking about human beings, if u r saying u believe in God u should be thankful to be living in the place that ur and what u r.

September 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michelle

We are all thankful and that's why we want to preserve it. So does the word "illegal" mean anything? Why have laws? How about total anarchy.

September 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Liz

Why do people always have to make things about what race people are instead of just saying the party goers got out of control and people got hurt....america is IGNORENT.

September 26, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Brieske

I think ignorant is one of those words the opinion provider should make sure to spell correctly.
    Just saying, it's like calling the kettle black. Wait, hold on better use a different one. It's like, if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. No. Not that one either. Well shoot, I can't think of one that will not get me called a racist, a dog hater and now I'm with the NRA.
    It's just stupid. How's that?
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. pancho villa

Sorry I apoligize I guess wer the only one cause some sort of disturbance and I already dare u America to deport us all vote YOU HAVE THE POWER geterrr done but stop discriminating and harrasing us be the free country u claim to be...

September 26, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Liz

Im sorry for the missspelling my little brother was typing because I was driving! I should have checked it. All the same you get the point.

September 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jim Brieske

Liz. Thanks for not texting while driving. Much smarter having your little brother text. I was ignorent.
    I promise to remember you are doing whatever it takes to comment. That's very impressive.
    jim