September 25th, 2010

Mideast talks on the clock with settlement controversy

The clock is ticking as the United States seeks a way to keep Middle East peace talks from falling apart over this weekend's end to an Israeli moratorium on settlement construction.

The issue of settlement construction is highly controversial, and the Palestinians have said a restart by the Israelis would be reason enough to end talks.

Read more on CNN.com.

1. Michelle

And just because someone is friendly or complimentary does not equate to what you were implying, unless of course that is YOUR Mentality. Now log off of here and log onto some reading comprehension cause there you go AGAIN missing the point.

September 26, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Brieske

Michelle give the room to the younger one the room tomorrow if the older one sleeps elsewhere.
    If she doesn't then try to reason with the older one to convince her that the room has made her a wonderful individual. Because it gave her a space of her own. Now her younger sibling needs it so he/she can turn out like her. She must kind.
    Someday they will be older adults and this time period shapes them.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle

Jim, I agree with your latter post. That's a very reasonable and agreeable idea. Thank you. Just to clarify though she does sleep here but that's about all she does here as she has many extra curricular activities between school and Presbyterian church and her band (She's quite diverse). And wow, I don't care for the singing either, I just like to here the sermon to become more educated about the bible and try to use the lessons in my life but I am uncertain about claiming to belong to any particular faith. I used to go late to avoid the singing but then I felt flakey so now I go in on time and just play wall flower and listen!

September 26, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

Michelle that person has alot of hate for people. I have read his posts elsewhere.
    I am posting out of sequence. My last two posts say the same because I thought the first one didn't post.
    I am in S.WI. Will be here awhile longer then I go to Colorado. Then after, I will see how things are and make a decision.
    I am going to sleep now. You are two hours behind me.
    I would like to know how things turnout with the room.
    My email is jimnorb@hotmail.com.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jim Brieske

Michelle, I have changed my recommendation after sitting and analyzing it.
    As long as the older teenager isn't sleeping elsewhere then you can't take her space because she is away from it often with her school activities. It's the private place she returns to. She needs it and it's the way it should be unless she wants to give the room to her younger sibling.
    The younger one will have the room for at least two years eventually. You need to express that.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. Big Eyes

@CNN

Please give us a picture of this clock you keep talking about. I'm guessing it's an old one because you say it's "ticking", and maybe it doesn't really look all that fancy, but could you give it a try?

Thanks 😀

September 26, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. phil

Singing is one way to express one's faith. So sing about your faith in God for all to hear! The parent(s) should make decisions concerning their children and not place that burden on the kids. Blue Eyes, yes. I too would like to see this ancient clock that's been ticking in the middle east for how many centuries now?

September 26, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joe Diaz 1970

There’s already 3 states in Palestine: Israel, Jordan, & Gaza. Jordan is the largest State in Palestine, comprising 76% of post-WW I Palestine. With Jordan and Gaza comprising 77% of Palestine, why are we leaning on our #1 ally to make another Islamic State in Palestine?

September 26, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. kman

Great point Joe

September 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Spencer J. and Pamela T. Atkinson, PFTLD

Israel and General Custer – When I think of the Israeli situation in the Middle East, General Custer comes to mind. General Custer was surrounded and then massacred by the several tribes of the American Indians who all came together for the soul purpose of defeating General Custer, because Custer was known to be powerful White Warrior. Israel is surrounded by Arab nations and if these Arab nations come together against Israel then Israel will need the aid of many of its allies to survive. President Obama has made it quite, clear, (if you read between the lines) that the United States is no position to wage any more wars; so with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran, being the incarnate soul of Hitler, the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu should be more compliant with the advice of its allies.

September 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jim Brieske

If President Obama does not invade Iran with ground troops then he is going to Hell.
    And we shall see the wrath of God as never seen before.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. phil

Don't worry about Iran...they are next on the list. Then it's a toss-up between Syria and Venezuela. Interstingly, we purchase about 1/3 of our oil from Venezuela, and have never purchased more than 7% of our oil from the middle-east in any calandar year. facto supriso?

September 26, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. phil

The USA currently occupies all but about 17 of the worlds 194 (give or take a few) nations. So she is running out of foereigners to plunder. What next? hint: the CIA recently moved it's headquarters to Denver, CO.

September 26, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joe

The Palestinians should know by now that Israel will not stop the settlements. It's their way to expand the occupy territories. And if the Palestinians get anything out of Israel it wont be much anyhow. So back to the war room.

September 26, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phil

Even if Isreali and Palestinian leaders declare peace, their peoples will not all of a sudden start caring about each other.

September 27, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |