September 28th, 2010

Suspected University of Texas-Austin gunman dead

A suspected gunman fired shots inside a library at the University of Texas at Austin on Tuesday morning before shooting himself, university spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon told CNN.

The gunman died, Weldon said. No one else was hurt.

On its Facebook page, the university police said they were searching for a possible second suspect.

Weldon said it was not known whether that second suspect was armed.

Students and others on campus were advised to remain indoors with their doors locked.

FULL STORY

KXAN: Second shooter reportedly at large

Post by:
Filed under: Crime
  1. Ki Ki

I agree. CNN needs to step it up. I was in shock that Lohan going to jail was "breaking news" the other day, but someone shooting at my dear school is "back page" news. Anyways, my prayers are with my fellow Longhorns....

September 28, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

CNN=Celebrity News Network

September 28, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. D:

Um, it's showing as top headlines on my phone...

September 28, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. ramel7

higher learning?

September 28, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. greg nino

I heard it from an aggie! What's up with that? get your act together CNN!! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • darby

lol!

September 28, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. Texan

Is there a single confirmed report that the shooter did anything but shoot himself? Did he actually threaten anyone else?

September 28, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. UTStudent

This is all very scary. We can hear sirens, helicopters, and some even heard gunshots. I'm okay and as far as I know all of my friends are, but this is very serious. We've all been told that those who live on campus should lock their doors and stay away from doors and windows. Every building is on lockdown and all classes have been canceled. One of my friends just texted me saying a swat team just came into her classroom. It's very scary tight now.

September 28, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • PMc- Hookem Horns!

Hang in ther Longhorns. We are all praying for your safety. Hookem Horns!

September 28, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  7. aiych

I'm there right now, school on lockdown. I take it my class is cancelled and I hope they find this second gunman. and I actually did my assignment today......

September 28, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • aiych

and they brought a tank. a friggin tank. guess it's better to be safe than sorry

September 28, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. D

People go crazy in Texas when the Longhorns lose a game.

September 28, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sam

So someone runs in a PUBLIC school firing a automatic weapon, and a landslide in mexico gets priority...what happened cnn? for shame, and a WIRE???

September 28, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. UTStudent

This is all very scary. We can hear sirens, helicopters, and some even heard gunshots. I'm okay and as far as I know all of my friends are, but this is very serious. We've all been told that those who live on campus should lock their doors and stay away from doors and windows. Every building is on lockdown and all classes have been canceled. One of my friends just texted me saying a swat team just came into her classroom. It's very scary right now.

September 28, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. guest

It's sad that Lindsay Lohan's drug addiction and Octomom are more important than this!

September 28, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. Crystal

I'm really disgusted that this isn't top news on here, just a little icon to click on after searching. I heard about it through a girl at work who was texted about it. Come on, get with it CNN.

September 28, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. Wendy

Wow! This is scary as heck! I don't know where to feel safe anymore. Oh, by the way, what's for lunch today?

September 28, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Concerned friend

I was not able to find out what was going on through one of the most recognized networks 2-3 hours ago! TXCN has been my source; thanks a lot CNN

September 28, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. tamra F

ok this is crazy y in the hell is anyone wantin to do that at ut come on ut is the best

September 28, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |