September 29th, 2010

Accuser's message for Bishop Eddie Long: 'You are a monster'

One of the young men who has accused a Georgia pastor of sexual coercion told Atlanta television station WAGA that he wanted to send a message to Bishop Eddie Long: "You are not a man. You are a monster."

"I cannot get the sound of his voice out of my head, I cannot forget the smell of his cologne and I cannot forget the way that he made me cry many nights when I drove in his cars on the way home," Jamal Parris, 23, told a WAGA reporter who traveled to Colorado to interview him.

Parris - a former church employee and personal assistant to Long - filed one of four lawsuits last week accusing the Baptist televangelist of coercing young male church members into having sex with him.

Long's spokesman, Art Franklin, has said that the pastor "categorically and adamantly denies" the allegations, adding that they were "a case of retaliation and a shakedown for money by men with some serious credibility issues."

FULL STORY

Long's Attorney Craig Gillen said Wednesday that Long's accusers and their lawyers were unfairly trying the pastor in the media.

"The appropriate place to try lawsuits is in the courtroom," Gillen said. "There are rules on how civil litigation is to take place and how counsel should conduct themselves, we intend to follow those rules."

Post by:
Filed under: Christian • Georgia • Religion • U.S.
  1. nope.avi

The most compelling evidence that evangelical megachurch pastor Eddie Long is gay: HE'S AN EVANGELICAL MEGACHURCH PASTOR!

September 29, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jimmy

He has never said he didnt do it . He has brainwashed the people in his church . He did it and he knows he did . He calls hisself a bishop and lies to everbody . Hes a JOKE

September 29, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lisa baby

I hardly think that only men of the cloth are suseptable to deviant behavior there are people from all walks of life that are perverted and prey on the young because its easier to force yourself on a child they are often easily led/coerced by authority figures deviant behavior is not exclusive to any religious sect if it were theyd be alot easier to spot and therefore avoid

September 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. The Truth

Eddie Long created a cash cow called New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. All of you who made him rich, I hope you are satisfied. He is a tight clothes wearing gay pimp of Christianity who wears a wig.

September 29, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. duke

A true republican,
    He's holier than thou,
    He hate the gays,butt he love them also!
    I even heard he was the key note speaker and giving one on one prayer at the RNC in november!HA!

September 29, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Concerned

I cant say he's innocent or guilty, however I will say he's needs to be honest with his "CONGREGATION" and maybe step down until the truth is figured out. I am not the one to judge anyone, but I will say his congregation should hear the truth from the horse's mouth. He shouldnt continue to have them thinking he didnt do it then later its proven he did.......no one wants to be mislead and no one definitly dont want to be "intentionally mislead."

September 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nat

Innocent or guilty people are hurt by this..pray, pray! Never worship people! Only Jesus!

September 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Big Game James

Mr. Parris was very convincing in the interview. He looked dead in the camera on that last statement about Bishop Long not being able to look him in the eye. I live in Charlotte near one of Bishop Long's satellite churches. People seem to be waivering on Bishop Long's involvement. I know this: if I was accused of something so deplorable there would be no way you could keep from telling the entire world its not true. Courtroom or not.

September 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chicagoannie

Jamal Parris seemed very credible to me. How sad that his youth was ruined by Bishop Long.

September 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Emily

Eddie Long, didn't deny anything, instead he said, he wasn't perfect and that he would fight the accusations. Guilty people fight the accusations too. Does Long not know the word, the truth will set you free? I can't believe he would prolong the hurt he is causing to his wife and children, the people he shepherds and the many viewers. Is this done in the name of love? Repent for the snare that caught those young men, will catch you Eddie Long and all those others who are keeping thier mouth closed and turning a blind eye.

September 29, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ann wideman

Tout the law all you want Mr. Gillen. There are also rules on how one in authority, religious authority in particular is to behave. God's rules not man's. Hopefully Bishop Long has checks and balances with WITNESSES at all times. If he has not conducted himself appropriately with his worshipers, he know that he can lie to man, he cannot lie to God. This goes for the accusers to. If someome did thir to me, it would be hard to shut me. As a matter of fact I would have come forward a long time ago.

September 29, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa Baby

If only it was so simple to say all evangelical megachurch pastor are that way deviant behavior cannot be exclusive to these religious leaders perversion is practiced by all kinds of people teachers scout leaders any authority figure you are misguided in saying it exclusivly belongs to a religious group heck some parents do that sick stuff to thier own kids

September 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Babyboy

God sits high and look low and every knee will bow and give an account for everything he or she has done on earth wether good or bad. I pray God has mercy on Bishop Eddie Long and the four men, and I pray Bishop Long stop wasting time and come fourth with the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth.

September 29, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. lilly

Matthew 24:10 GOD is watchig

September 29, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ang

Let's pay more attention to our children!! If this guy is guilty he has to pay! but that won't be enough for his victims.

September 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |