October 6th, 2010

Green Beret awarded Medal of Honor

President Barack Obama on Wednesday awarded the Medal of Honor - the nation's highest military decoration - to Staff Sgt. Robert J. Miller, a Green Beret who died after willingly taking fire to protect U.S. and Afghan soldiers.

The citation read at a solemn White House ceremony in Washington, D.C., honored Miller for "conspicuous gallantry ... at risk of life above and beyond the call of duty" and "extraordinary acts of heroism" on January 25, 2008, when a patrol he led was ambushed in Afghanistan.

Miller killed at least 10 insurgents and wounded dozens more in repeatedly exposing himself to enemy fire "in keeping with the highest traditions of military service," the citation said.

Miller is the seventh service member to receive the Medal of Honor for actions during operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. okay

October 6, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. okay

Well ?? Have you done ur research ?? Or are you now seeing that u defended a complete looney

October 6, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Charles g

To recieve the medal of honor is truley astoshing and its to bad that he had to lose his life to recieve it.we need more soliders like that to defend our country

October 6, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Still more insults from spinles cowards who hide in here.
    To Lazy Too Spend 5 Minutes to check any fact.
    Go look at americas front news pages.
    nothing baout any war hardley.
    then do a search on Iraq or afghiland.
    Look how much is not in there.
    NO, Thanks to People Like YOU.
    The War Crimanls Go Right on Mudering away.
    OH but YOu always have an excuse ready dont you.
    And i see your idea of free speech everyday.
    and every time you smart off to me more of you die.
    but you set there and kep on runing that mouth ot The Wrong Man.
    Even as stupid and Lazy as you are,
    even you one day wil find out the hard way now.
    Im in no Hurry, MY Countries, Armies,Wars, doing pretty good considering.

October 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mehdi General Dr Bad

IN Iraq is kind of Interesting for me right now.
    My Muslim Troops Now Fight whats left of My american Troops over there.
    sure somre of them wil die but better then what you are doing ot them.
    it is also good for all of them.
    The ones who do not get killed will be much better Troops.
    better they die Quick Then what you do to them.
    but you keep on stallinga nd lying.
    while i kepe on laughing.
    oh and where the fuk is MY M.I.A Army Nurse?

October 6, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mehdi General Dr Bad

GOLD BLESS THEM TROOPS !!! GOLD BLESS AMERICA !!!

October 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Every Day americans and thier leaders how they could care less about Thier Troops.
    oh they jump up and brya God Bles Them Troops, BUt That is as far as it goes.
    Americas Generals have all also sold out.
    But They can count on americans staying lazy and stupid.
    Now ignore that war, have a beer, go watch some foot ball and go shop.

October 6, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Every day MY American Troops are Self Destructing, Commiting Suicides, Getting IN Shoot Outs with the Cops, Killing Thier Famlies.
    while you cover it up and lie about it.
    You dont give a damn about My M.I.A army Nurse.
    YOU Dont Give A damn about Pat Tillman.
    YOU dont Give a damn about these Troops.
    YOU are ALL Mouth.

October 6, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. WELL

Just another pic oppurtunity for Obama

October 6, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. okay

As a matter of fact Mr.Bad..I happened to serve through 2 tours in Afgahnistan and 1 in Iraq..I served MY country for over 15 years..I lost an eye for MY country and I don't cry over it...I have a full-time job helping disabled vets like myself recover from there injuries...

October 6, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. okay

So ..PLEASE...tell me again that i don't care about our troops ! You may have lost someone but guess what your not the only one..there are thousands out there like you..but you don't see them spouting the raving of an anti-american lunatic on this board do you...so plz just stop

October 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. okay

I wouldn't change a single thing about my service to this country...i don't sit and cry about what happened to me..am proud to have served my country..maybe i don't agree with alot of its politics or politicians..but i still LOVE MY COUNTRY ! If i mis-understood ur posts i apoligize but if they are what i thought(think) they are..plz just stop

October 6, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. okay

This man is a true american hero and deserves our respect

October 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mehdi General Dr Bad

MY Name Is D.R. Shaw From Butte Falls Oregon. A Regestered Independent.
    Commanding Top General on shock and awe.
    You Know, the Big " National secret they Hide".
    I No Longer Command Americas Troops.
    Pat Tillman is Just ONE Of MY Men They have Murdered.
    and everyday I watch as they lie and cover these Deaths up and play politics.
    Every day I watch as MY troops Kill Them selves and thier Families.
    and Once agin tehy have mein the postion where i have to kill Good maerican soldiros iN iraq and watch good american soldiors die in afghanitan.
    oh and how dare i point out these crimes.
    Sad it is these good troops who die. and not the politicians and the worthles civilians.
    to lazy and stupid to learn diferance betwen sunni and shiites.
    serve your arab and jew masters and fill your news with crap for women.

October 6, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mehdi General Dr Bad

GO ask your coward liar leaders who i am.
    go ask obam or clinotn or bush or rumsfield or colin powell ,
    no you wont.
    you wil set there another ten years running that mouth ot the wrong Man.
    you will continue to do everything except what i tlel you to do.
    while u hide nice and safe and get drunk .

October 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |