October 15th, 2010

11th arrest made in New York anti-gay attacks

An 11th suspect was arrested in connection with a series of anti-gay beatings in New York, police said Friday.

The suspect, identified as Luis Garcia, 26, is accused of wrapping a chain around his fist and punching a 30-year-old victim twice, New York police said.

He faces similar charges as the other suspects, which includes assault as a hate crime, police said.

Filed under: Crime
  1. Floria sigmundi

Why are people so in humane that's like wrapping a chain around your fist and punching him for being a Mexican he should be deported

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJ4bL6O3uw&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. tomcat

so you try and play for both teams and got caught. in my book this idiot tried to make fools of the gang he was trying to join. do i think these gangs are good? no. does that give him the right to do what he did again no. i will not say that if he did this to other fraternal orgs. of animals laborers countrymen or knights that the outcome would have been the same. he knew this gang and what they were capable of. if nothing else he should be charged with conspiracy. floria dont begin with your glass half full crap

October 15, 2010 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Ms. Alix

@tomcat do you have any original thoughts of you own or do you just scan through these blogs and jump on other peoples opinions?

October 15, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. whitekong78

October 15, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. whitekong78

@Tom: all reports I read of this story said that only one guy was trying to join a gang, and I don't really feel that bad for him considering he'd be involved in heinous acts against others. There were others targeted and as far as I know they were not trying to get involved with gang activities. One solution I have for gangs is to make membership illegal. When someone is convicted they are placed on probation until they graduate with some sort of degree from college. When they fulfill their obligation their record can be sealed so they can get a job. These kids will end up having a bunch of illegitimate children who then grow up to be gang members. Ignorance should not be allowed to fester like this especially when most of these kids are living off government assistance.

October 15, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • withepawer

so true. so true . . . furthermore, they should pay for the own college education, and the government should consider mass gang members sterilisation, both male and female, because you know, it passes onto their genes.

October 15, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tina Crowell

Plenty of good children come from families who are"living off of the government". We just don't like to engage in positive converations about "these" families. Get a life will ya?

October 15, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. whitekong78

Hey Tina was I talking about them? Are you capable of reading and comprehending? I know I like to write long paragraphs and use big words, so I will simplify it. I was talking about gang members. It is a fact that many gang members get public assistance for all their illegitimate kids. Getting them a job would ease the financial burden for the department of human services, and make more money available for other people getting assistance. There are people who hit hard times and are not lifetime criminals. I love how there's always someone who can't read properly and gets all defensive. I've had food assistance before when I needed it. I'm struggling through college and will take whatever help I can get. I offered a solution to a growing problem and someone who can't read decides to twist my words. What a surprise.

October 15, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. phil

Gays and Marijuanna users are being lured out into the open. Sodomy ans smoking Marijuanna could be made illegal again you know. Research the "Victory act" and "Noachide laws" and find iout for yourself.

October 15, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. whitekong78

Hey Phil I generally like some of your ideas, but straight people also engage in sodomy. You're not going to see that made illegal anytime soon. Haha. The religious powers used to consider sodomy to be immoral for whatever reason. The Bible was the first to originate the idea of that behavior being immoral. Muslims eat with the opposite hand they "wipe" with. I think sodomy back then was more dirty than it is today. Just a hunch.

October 15, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. phil

Hey what whitekong? I didn't say sodomy was just between men. And one need only examine the human anus to know what it's natural design function is.. It certainly was NOT designed with sodomy in mind. If a person chooses to engage in this once illegal activity, more power to them. But don't blame it on nature.

October 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. whitekong78

Haha yeah I know.

October 15, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. whitekong78

Sodomy does include other orifices you know.

October 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tomcat

no alix i am from texas yall think i could have my own thoughts? shucks i rekkin not. so how many earth shattering comments have you made? hi Phil and White

October 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tomcat

yeah so this kid from chile goes to falcon lake talks to obama about being gay wonders should i jump off a bridge or go see snookie or worry about a team mascot

October 15, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. phil

Oh, not counting farm animals?

October 15, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phil

Tomcat....there is a wall that runs thru Tejas. Roughly from just east of Dallas (Rockwall,TX) south to just east of Houston. The value of your opinion is determined by where you live in Texas, and for how long. "Wall of Ingnorance" is a book about this very subject. So get yer readin' glasses out grampa.

October 15, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |