October 18th, 2010

U.S. finalizes aid package for Pakistan, sources say

The United States is putting the final touches on a security assistance
package totaling as much as $2 billion to help Pakistan fight extremists on its border with Afghanistan, senior U.S. officials and diplomatic sources tell CNN.

Read the full story on CNN.com.

1. steve

How much goes to al quaeda?

October 18, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Brieske

Don't give them a dime. Use that money and more to increase the number of soldiers in our Army.
    jim

October 18, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. what

Bomb thos suckers back to stone age.that money can be spent creating jobs in america.greed,corruption,waste of taxes dollars.we give money to a counrty that protects terrorist and bin lidan.our government needs to thrown out.what a slap in the face to people of 9\11 and to our dead and dying soldiers.

October 18, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. disgust

What??I read a report osama bin ladin and his homies are living the good life in pakistan,meanwhile our 9\11 victims' families grieve for their love ones and survivors suffer.what a slap in the face to american people,the dead, and dying,wounded soldiers,survivors,our soldiers that are fighting.vote ou obama he is a undercover muslim terrorist president.after that report u would think we would invade paki instead we throw money at them.it must be nice to profit off of terrorism

October 18, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Amber

Really CNN? You post Mehdi General Dr Bads' comments and occassional terrorist threats but not my comments?

October 18, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. tomcat

if this isnt a pile of bull poop i dont know what is. after showing this to a person from pakistan all they could do was laugh and say the common people would never see a dime. l tell you what the gov. better be able to show the public where every cent goes. till then no deal! i was also told about an airport bin ladens family has here in Texas.

October 18, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michelle

When are they going to finalize our aid package?

October 18, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • kishore

nicely put!

October 19, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Draywawa

This a waste of more of our US.dollars .Let them go hell in a hand basket!!

October 18, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sherri W.W.

I certinly do not know the answers to how to stop the terrorists~but~I DO know that our troops are over there fighting,to protect US~so WE wont have to fight them here~and we need to support what those troops need!This money is NOT for the PEOPLE of Pakistan~it is for advanced WEAPONS,to use against terrorists~and we have long asked Pakistan to do more~and I expect its true they will need some top~notch weapons ,to do it with!Will the new controls help stop the corruption ~I dont know~but we got to try~because they are there~and they are plotting how to get HERE every single day~which is what our troops know&proudly do their work for each day.~~and I also know we have a very GOOD President who is trying hard for all of us AND he is most CERTINLY NONE of the stupid things one person was saying!Thats what I mean~these nuts are trying to turn all of US into raving maniacs like THEY are!Lord~lets all "chill" a bit and act right! For our Country AND our own families! Enough!~ is way too much already!

October 18, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Brieske

Amber. I absolutely agree.
    Sherri W.W. Sorry I don't like President Obama. I had respect for him and was willing to allow him to give it his best shot for four years, but he said it was okay for Muslims to build a Mosque at Ground Zero. I know a woman whose husband went to work on September 11th, 2001 and he never came back home to her and their two children.
    Obama and his wife consider themselves to be black first and Americans second. That is what I believe caused him not to say, it will be a cold day in Hell before a mosque is built at Ground Zero. Which is how I and 70 percent of all other American adults feel.
    Pakistan should not get a dime from us because a large sum of the money is used by our enemies to fight us. To me that is stupidity.
    jim

October 19, 2010 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Michelle

If we didn't let them in to begin with would there be a threat? Or am I just being naïve? Why use all of your resources to put a fire out in your neighbors house if your own home is burning to the ground? I'm open to constructive criticism but it seems someone has closed shop here to go fishin somewhere else for too long and the shop needs some tending too...any feedback anyone?

October 19, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • potomacscott

I totally agree Michelle.The billions we have already sent to Pakistan has gotten us where?Bring our troops home and let them fight for our own country on our own southern border.

October 19, 2010 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. Geri

I don't get it who are we sending this too and why. If its a care package. It should stay here or go to the are troops. That's who I care about. The rest can go to hell.

October 19, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. Geri

Let's not and say we did. 2 billion US dollars. We could secure our own borders with that money. Let them fight it out with what ever means they have. Bring our Troops home. Toss a bomb as they exit.

October 19, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. Michelle

Geri that's a great plan!!!! After all that's OUR money isn't it? I think "we the people" ahould have a say in how the money is spent or we should all start filing EXEMPT!!!!! Stop the funding!!! We can buy a concrete pump and some rebar and organize a group to start the wall with our increased paychecks...oh wait, none of us have jobs. Okay nevermind. Yeah, let's just keep sending the money outside the country to people who can't be trusted....

October 19, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. Michelle

Yes, but let us secure ALL of our boarders by every means. And if racial profiling is an issue than I call that guilt by association. If they are going to be overly sensitive to this profiling than they have no appreciation for freedom or freedom to be SAFE in your own country and there is NO OTHER reason to take up residency in this country. I personally would be an open book if I had nothing to hide right? Hell, let's profile everyone – if you object than you have to leave. We need to take out the trash and refurbish our home and that includes we the peoples "employees" that are supposed to be serving us in exchange for our tax dollars aka the government!

October 19, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |