October 19th, 2010

Russian spy Anna Chapman poses armed, in lingerie

A man in August reads Your Day newspaper featuring sexy photos of spy Anna Chapman.

Russia’s Anna Chapman may be the highest-profile spy since Valerie Plame – except, of course, Plame didn’t seek out the spotlight.

Chapman, who was ousted from the United States this summer in a spy swap with her homeland, will appear in her underwear in Russia’s version of Maxim, a popular men’s magazine.

According to Russia’s state-run RIA Novosti, Chapman will appear on the magazine’s cover armed with a revolver and wearing nylon and lace. A photo on the Russian Maxim website shows her sitting on a red couch with two shooting targets in the background.

A trailer for the issue comes off like an ad for a cheesy James Bond action flick, except with more exposed breast and buttock – if you can imagine.

“Anna has done more to excite patriotism in Russians than our football team and the Bulava missile put together,” RIA Novosti quoted the magazine as saying.

Details, schmeetails, right? All they really needed to say was, “Anna Chapman in lingerie.”

The magazine boasts it will be her first interview since she and nine fellow “sleeper agents” were rounded up by U.S.  authorities in June. They later pleaded guilty to failing to register as foreign agents and were ferried out of the country in a prisoner exchange reminiscent of the Cold War.

Chapman has been treated as a national hero since her homecoming. In a ceremony at the Kremlin on Monday, Chapman and her compatriots received top honors from President Dmitry Medvedev.

Russian media report she is now a consultant for an investment bank and was spotted about two weeks ago at the Baikonur Cosmodrome space station in Kazakhstan working on exploration projects.

Oh, and don't forget her iPhone poker app ... seriously.

Post by:
Filed under: Espionage • Russia
  1. Isitbad

In Soviet Russia, you spy the spy.

October 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Andy

Well, you have to figure she's got to do something now, it's not like she has much of a career spying on the US anymore.

October 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Frank

Yeah she is Hot but I've had better.Everyone repeat after me.the Russians are our friends,the Russians are our friends ...........

October 19, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. peter mills South Africa

I just love Russian/Ukrainian women. I read a lot of stupid comment's here. All nationality's are biased in their praise of there counry men/women. Even the great USA. so get over it people and allow the LADY, her moments's of glory. If the "shoe was on the other foot" you guys would be singing her praises, GROW UP!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Peter, perhaps your love of Russian/Ukranian women is a result of your ineptness at attracting a non desperate American Women. Russian women are the worst in the world, untrustworthy little hoebags. I know I was engaged to one, I later found out was married to a rich old man before divorcing him and taking his money. She then deceived me into impregnating her and then kidnapped my child to Russia whom does not cooperate in such matters. Russia is the only country in Europe that does not belong to the Hague Convention that forces parental abductors to settle the terms of custody in the country the child was born. They are a backward f'd up country full of thieves, mob, and dishonest beliefs.

October 19, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

or South Africa, or wherever your from.

October 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • FrankP

We should have kept her and gently water boarded her.that could have been fun.Drained her knowledge wise dry then let her stay here.She could have made 100 times what she will make in Russia.But then again she could become suseptable to Radiation Poisoning if you know what I mean.

October 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

I say we make Tim's story a reality TV show! It will be great to see how Tim tries to go after Russian/Ukranian women cos he is inept at attracting a non desperate American Women

October 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • ratlady73

Yeah, Tim, I hear you! I was engaged to this American guy. He lied to me, cheated on me, and then ran off after he got me pregnant. So, I hate American guys! They are all no-good lying cheating b*st*rds and deadbeat fathers. Oh, almost forgot, he drove a Mercedes. All those lying American guys drive Mercedes. God I hate them!

October 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

And then gets fooled by them! Oh man... sign here and here!

October 19, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill Mosby

Svetlana of the St. Petersburg House of Discreet Pleasure would like to have a word with you, lol!

October 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • sf13

Yep. I agree. But she's also HOT.

October 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snowdon

"USA" is not an ethnicity, but you're right about Slavic women. Hottest on earth.

October 19, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Olya

@Tim
      You can find a "Hoebag" in any country, you just need to know how to pick them. Obviously, you do.

October 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • American Mutt

Wait if USA aka American is not an ethnicity than what would say a 13th generation American mutt like myself be??? Or some of my friends that are so mixed it's not even funny...I think we are making our own ethnicity....

October 20, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. James

Why is she a Russian hero? She got caught before she could do anything. She failed as a spy. What does it say about a country that celebrates failure?

October 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • desert voice (troubledgoodangel or Nathanael)

After losing the Cold War, one can see why Russia is short on self-esteem. Anna Chapman fills this vacuum with her nonchalance and good looks. While Anna's "heroism" appears suspect, Russia needs these days every heroism she can get hands on.

October 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • El flaco

Your so called "heroes" in Iraq and Afghanistan just lost two wars at a staggering human and financial loss and you hail them as heroes once they come back, how is this different from her not having achieved anything? if you compare it she (one person) did not accomplish anything versus a few hundred thousand, who is the underachiever?

October 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

@ El Flaco- The difference is OUR heroes managed to blow up 2 countries. You want to be next? FACE!

October 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Blabbermouth

Good thing I don't know any American secrets. "Why yes, Anna, the American 'missile silo' may soon appear near the Russian 'grand tetons'"

October 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tim

"Some things may be lost in translation here. The Bulava missile has suffered failure in more than half of its 13 tests, and the Russian soccer squad never even took the pitch in the World Cup after being dispatched by Slovenia in qualifying."

Epic. Russia is a backward country without dignity or morals at any level. I hate Russians, they are pigs.

October 19, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • meat

Dangerous pigs at that. Putin will eventually be revealed as the anti-christ.

October 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Razmatazz

Pigs.....Russians....thats the under statement of the century.

Many times while on travel to holiday spots around the world, from Cyprus to Goa India, to whatever, have met such group of people – be it men or women – who can be so rude, cold blooded, uncourteous as them Russianites. Wonder if its their dark history thing, their nature culture, or what, that makes them behave as such.

October 20, 2010 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. Yush

No wonder she's a spy. She good lookin

October 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DSolomon

If that's their idea of a hero, no wonder those commie b*****ds are in such poor shape

October 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. David

She's not as bad as Mel Gibson's Russian, but they're all the same 😉

October 19, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. I love mediocity

How come no one recalls two years ago? Russia moved another military base into our hemisphere, and invaded Georgia! which may I remind everyone is our ally. Here we go again, and it's on the way pay attention people the Russians are even help supply Iran in there so called nuclear energy efforts.God help us!

October 19, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony Berra

That person I love mediocrity can't even write properly.I think whoever wrote that need some help.

October 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony Berra

That person I love mediocrity can't even write properly.I think whoever wrote that needs some help.

October 19, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • FrankP

Just keep repeating the U S Govt Party Line.The Russians are our partners in peace.Repeat that 10 times .You will feel much better.

October 19, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tinsoldier

I would love to be her interrogator!

October 19, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • sf13

We have ways of making you talk...or ME for that matter! 😉

October 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Rick in USA

The US still spies on Russia too. As well as many other allies. If a hot American woman was caught spying in Russia and it became international news, then Maxim USA or Playboy would be doing the same crap. Give them a break and get off your high-horses.

October 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

I'll buy that for a dollar )))

October 19, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tony Berra

I know right!

October 19, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Babak from LA

I want to be introgated!

October 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

Tim is an expert! C'mon Tim show us how you did it!

October 19, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |