October 26th, 2010

4 aboard small plane missing in Wyoming

Authorities in Wyoming are searching for a small plane that dropped off radar Monday afternoon after leaving Jackson Hole Airport, a police spokesman said.

Det. Sgt. Ryan Lee of the Fremont County Sheriff's Office said searchers are working in a very remote area of the county with elevations around 13,000 feet. Four people were on board the plane, he said.

A helicopter flew to the search area earlier Tuesday, and searchers expect to get another over the area later in the day. A four-person search crew is on the ground and will spend the night in the area before more ground searchers are deployed Wednesday, he said.

Snow storms, high winds and low visibility have hampered the search, he said. Lee said authorities would not release the identities of those on board pending notification of family members and also would not say whether there were children aboard.

But the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that the plane carried the president of a Twin Cities web development company and three children.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing plane • Wyoming
  1. The Queen

We hope the 4 R found alive!

October 26, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

A signal has been detected from the plane. Prayers for the Bucklins and the search parties.

October 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joseph

I believe this is a mystery and I feel worried for thier families but mostly them. Finding them sure is gonna be hard,but its worth it.

October 26, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. M

Joseph,

It's a sad narrative on society that your first thought is that "this is a mystery." I can understand where you're coming from, but please hold hope that there are still good people out there. I know the missing people, and they're good people.

If you're the praying type, please pray for their safe return. If you're not the praying type, please keep them in your thoughts.

Respectfully,

M

October 26, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • L

You know the missing people? Go find them..I would but im too far from Wyoming.

October 26, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joseph

M,my name happens to be Joseph also.The Joseph you replied to earlier was just showing his concern about the missing fliers .It's NOT a sad narrative about anything at all.If you can't accept a person's genuine concern without finding fault ,then don't say anything at all.I wasn't aware there was a specific order in which a person must state their concern in a sentence.To you Joseph , I commend you for showing your concern about a total stranger.To you ,M, I pray for a positve outcome for your friends.Be Well.

October 26, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. RGARNER

ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE REMINDED THAT LIFE IS SHORT AND FRAGILE, THAT IS WHY WE SHOULD TELL OUR LOVED ONES WE LOVE THEM EVERYDAY FOR IT MAY BE OUR LAST. I HOPE THE ADULT AND BABIES ARE FOUND SAFE AND RETURNED TO THEIR FAMILIES.

October 26, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marc

That's all fine and good, but QUIT FRICKIN' YELLING!!

October 26, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • cw

Why in the world are you yelling??? Try toggling that caps lock key once more time; ALL CAPS is rude! If you're old and have problems reading the text, the proper solution is to change your screen resolution... NOT yelling.

October 26, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Drizareli.com

Hope their found.

October 26, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marc

3 Children lost? Ugh, that's really difficult to hear about.

October 26, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sara

I pray that they are safe. i also send my prayers to they familys.

October 26, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Wyo Dutch

Jackson isn't really a part of Wyoming... it's sort of a pus-filled boil that has been occupied by the filthy-rich, the rich and the just plain filthy. No honest Wyoming resident would set foot in Jackson. Years ago, genuine Wyoming folks lived in Jackson, but they can't afford to live there anymore.

October 26, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

@Wyo Dutch: You obviously don't know anyone in the Jackson area. I live right outside of Jackson & my husband works there. There are great folks in Jackson, "genuine Wyoming folks," and the topic at hand is the welfare of these people aboard the aircraft, not whether you've got a bogus issue with the town. The weather is awful here right now, but this area has some great search & rescue pilots & skilled medical personnel. I hope and pray these people are all found safe!

October 26, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • robert

@Wyo Dutch, thanks for proving that whenever there is someone in distress there is always someone close at hand to say something stooopit. Whatever rock you crawled out from under doesn't seem to be the cultural heart of Wyoming either.

October 26, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. IP Man

It's very sad seeing rich people taking chances... the need to get there syndome is very dangerous. He was flying a Mooney which is very good airplane. Weather conditions are unforgiven.

October 26, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RaleighMatrix

I carried two fire extinguishers to a plane crash in 2007. Some guys pulled the pilot out of the wreck- and what we saw, no man wants to see. Those guys who pulled him out, i'm sure, wish they hadn't. Four people lost their lives.

October 26, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mbluesky

Praying for his family and for all at the nerdery (his company's self-chosen nickname). His three children with him are young teenagers. Praying for their safe return. Praying for a miracle.

October 26, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jane

Let's pray for the kids and dad. They need help fast if they are alive. Whether it was smart or not to fly the kids that way then, they were living, folks. So many would be thrilled to have the same experiences, and we love to look back and criticize people when they have troubles, but we envy them when they don't. Let's focus on praying for their safe return, and if they have perished, pray that they will be found and brought to rest and that their mother and others close to them will heal and be cared for well. They may very well be alive and struggling to survive. We need to find them soon. All I can offer right now is my prayers for their safety and the safety of those looking for them as well as for the comfort for the mother/wife and others close to them. I pray for them to be wise if they are still alive and to be protected supernaturally.

October 26, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

Thank you for your prayers.

October 26, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. John Mahon

MARC: I read the comment from RGARNER and could hear a pin drop. Strange you heard FRICKIN' YELLING. I guess you are another of those individuals who subscribe to the idiotic notion that CAPITAL letters are YELLING. I print virtually everything I write and I guess if I used a really large font you would believe I was yelling. I do not use capital letters to yell, only to emphasize or make a point. I would like to know who the idiot was who decided this improper internet protocol to use capital letters!!!!! STUPID RULE!!

October 26, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kay

Have a heart! Stop making drama on this topic! Just pray and keep high hopes. They will be found! Stop acting like 5 year olds! TImes like this people need to keep high hopes not be torn down! They are in my prayers

October 26, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kevie

Folks, I live out here. You just don't go out and look for someone @ 13,000 feet. The weather was bad when they left and was certainly worse in the mountains. If there is immediate good news, the people that were sent in are as good as it gets. They train in those mountains year round. They will be able to deal with whatever gets tossed in their direction and there are additional resources that are trained and available to assist. If there can be a good outcome – they will deliver it

October 26, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |