October 27th, 2010

Prosthetic leg believed to belong to missing N.C. girl

Investigators have found a prosthetic leg that they believe belonged to missing North Carolina girl Zahra Baker, Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said Wednesday.

FULL STORY.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Missing Children • North Carolina
  1. kcfan

derp – you're psycho, man

October 27, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Just Me

This is a tragic and truly heartbreaking story. Of course I've never known Zahra, but just seeing photos of this sweet girl I can tell that the world will be a darker place without her in it. I am disgusted by her parental figures – her mother, her father and step mother – they did not deserve her! I am saddened to know that there are people in this world who are unable to have children and want nothing more than to love, nurture and care for one of their own. And then there are people like these parents who have been given an angel and have allowed something so evil and horrible to happen to her. As a woman who has not yet been able to have a child of my own – it would have been an honor and a privilege to have her in my care.

October 27, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sara

C'mon Blog monitors. Can you at least block Derp from this forum? What an idiot.

October 27, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tanya

this is so sad...im so glad GOD has her now.obviously noone here gave a damn. How could u give interviews and admit u knew she was being abused, witness it, see the black eyes and not do anyrhing..it makes me angry and sad..my heart is bleeding for her.

October 27, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. raelyne

this child is a blessing i just dont understand how the other fam members who said she was abused why didnt they step in they are guilty....also NO WE WONT KEEP RELIGION OUT OF THIS U NEED IT

October 27, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sarah

derp can go take a long laugh filled walk off a very short pier

October 27, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tanya

stop acknowleging Derp..hes disturbed..prolly bullied all his life and finds pleasure in the attention that he wouldnt otherwise get

October 27, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tanya

to just me... 😉

October 27, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RaleighMatrix

The police have declared her deceased. They know something and aren't saying. The police would never say that unless it is true. I'm confident of that and was sadden when they first said she was. I wish Zahra was my daughter.

October 27, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RaleighMatrix

In another note: there were a number of people who tried to report the step-mother. The Child Protectiue services? Well actually the CPS did go check on her, but everytime the parents move afterward. and changing schools because they were watching.

October 27, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Derpdiggler

What did I say that was so wrong....???

October 27, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RaleighMatrix

donna – you have said the right best thing. God needed another Angel. That's the story here. That is so perfect.

October 27, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sarah

i truly hope this child is at peace and isnt in any pain or suffering

October 27, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. derp D

What was so bad about what I said???what happened to FREE speech?? LOL

October 27, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sarah

all children are a precious gift and for any child to be neglected abused murdered is a horrible thing there are so many people who would love to have children and cant and that poor child was stuck with people who didnt care for her it doesnt matter that she was handicaped she like every other child deserved love and protection

October 27, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |