October 31st, 2010

JFK speechwriter Theodore Sorensen dies

Theodore C. Sorensen, a close adviser and speechwriter to President John F. Kennedy, has died, the White House said Sunday. He was 82.

Though he wore a number of hats in his relationship with Kennedy and later in life, he is best known publicly as the wordsmith who helped put Kennedy's ideas to paper in what remain some of the most recognizable speeches in American political history.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Obituary • Politics
  1. phil

@old tennis racket aka T-2000... " No! A government rarely represents the people! Love of country is often confused in simple minds with love of ones government " ~Cicero

November 1, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. phil

" Yet! The evil men in government are compelled to show a public face of sympathy for the oppressed and must pretend, at all times, to be one of them...seeking to rectify the very wrongs they have secretly committed " ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

November 1, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. phil

@Merle...you posted that you want to "know the real story" concerning 9/11? I say to you that sufficient time has lapsed for you to have examined the forensic evidence, for you to have followed the pliight of the 9/11 victim's family lawsuits as they have been fighting for what you claim to desire. Hence I must conclude that not unlike T-2000, you are simply trying to bait myself and others. This sort of behavior is absurd and frowned upon by those who seek truth. Just so ya know. (frown)

November 1, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

thanks armrn. It was late night writing. What is it with T-2000 always attacking people? I wish he would at least change his name from a tennis racket to like Cobra. Maybe T-2000 is his real name though?
    He has been assigned here by the Intergalatic Council Khan (better known as ICK) who heard rumblings of me and phil's writings. Yep, ICK is after us.
    Thanks phil. Gotta go.
    jim

November 1, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jim Brieske

*May be double post. Sorry if so.

Thanks phil. Gotta go.
    jim

November 1, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. T-2000

armrn I didnt say you could talk.

November 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. phil

Have yourself a wonderful day Jim! And let's start calling T-2000 by his branded name: Wilson

November 1, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jim Brieske

Great idea phil. But we better be careful, Wilson might have a good backhand. His overhand is weak.
    Have a good day too.
    jim

November 1, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. merle

@phil yes time has passed. I realize that the gov is trying to screw the survivors and victims families. My point is that we have been lied to and not given the whole truth.

November 1, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T-2000

I wrote a little poem for you guys. It's called Why?. Why do we laugh?. Why do we cry?. Why do we live?. Why do we die?. The night is young. The day is old. The truth is free. The lie was sold. The souls of men. I do not mourn. Our hearts have left. We show our horns. The righteous man has gone away. The evil man is here to stay. But do not weep. For I have seen. The coming of. A new born king.©

November 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. T-2000

I know Clay Shaw aka Clay Bertrand and David Ferrie would've loved my poem!

November 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Brieske

Your poem is very good Wilson.
    jim

November 1, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Avon Barksdale

Surprise! This is the man you all love to hate T-2000. In honor of my good friend Jim Brieske I have changed my name. The man you knew as T-2000 is gone.

November 2, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. phil

@Merle...well good then! But the victim's familys aren't getting "screwed". They are getting snubbed. The law firm they battle is none other than James Baker III's lawfirm. They run smack-dab into "for reasons of national security" when trying to get info. It took years before the Pentagon was forced under the freedom of information act to release their 9/11 security camera video. Have you seen it? We weren't just "lied to" either. We were and are being decieved. Electing a President with a (D) after his name has changed nothing. anyway...ttl

November 2, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  15. phil

@Wilson...nice poem there. So Avon is your real name?

November 2, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |