October 31st, 2010

Man arrested in Denver airport bomb scare

Authorities arrested a man at Denver International Airport after he said there was a bomb in his luggage, a United Airlines spokesman said.

The man was angry because he missed a connecting flight from Denver, Colorado, to Salt Lake City, Utah, on Saturday, but his luggage was still on the plane, United Airlines spokesman Rahsaan Johnson told CNN.

"He was disruptive in the gate area and made inappropriate comments," Johnson said.

At that point the plane, which was still taxiing at the airport, was brought back to the gate, and airline employees removed the man's bag from the plane, Johnson said. The flight was delayed for an hour as authorities investigated.

The man is being charged with interfering with public transportation and will be taken to the Denver jail, according to Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson.

Read the full CNN.com story

Post by:
Filed under: Air travel
  1. Kevin

The odds of being hurt by a terrorist in the USA are about the same as winning the lottery twice. Since I have never won the lottery ... I think I am pretty safe from terrorists. People that want so much protection at the cost of my/your liberty are just plan dumb. We could spend this money on health care and save so many more lives. Your life is not that important! The world will go on without you anyway. This guys life ... it is destroyed. I hope you are also willing to pay for him in jail or on the welfare line because that is all you have accomplished. More than likely no one will hire him after they see that. The thousands of people who lives are destroyed ... because of this terrorist-witch-hunt far out ways the damage done by any terrorist. We are destroying ourselves; not the terrorists.

October 31, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

Not that you don't have reasonable security... it is just a question of the degree. I disagree with the current level. Way to high for the actual risk!

October 31, 2010 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
    • I'm here

Tell that to the families that lost loved ones on 9-11. What a fool you are.

October 31, 2010 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

@ Im here I have no problem telling them that to their face. ... because it is true. I am sorry people died but we need to be reasonable about life and not live in the past. Please tell the families of loved ones that will/have die tomorrow that we have no money for a life saving surgery because we wasted it on secure that makes no difference! Please tell the victims of violent poverty who die every year that we have no money to protect their families because we are spending it on security of the rich ... Security that will make no difference!

October 31, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

My brother ... he was at the pentagon!

October 31, 2010 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sasha

Lucky for him he wasnt a Muslim. Otherwise he was gonna be charged with terrorism charges and sentenced to life imprisonment.

October 31, 2010 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. PARROT

HE SHOULD BE TEASED WITH 2,000 VOLTS....!!!

October 31, 2010 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. merle

A real hero. He just saved a plane load of people by being a liar. Wow he will get a congressional medal for his acts of valor.@ avi your sense makes no sense

October 31, 2010 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kevin

I also think this about the airline retaliating for the guy arguing with them.... they pulled words out of context when in reality the guy was not making a threat. I think he was pointing out the danger of not taking luggage off in accordance with FAA requirements.

October 31, 2010 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

But I was not there ... this would not be the first time someone in power lied about what was said. He said she said issue.

October 31, 2010 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
    • I'm here

Kevin, Do you know what I think? After reading what you are posting, I think you should go somewhere today and see if they can insert something into the hollow shell that sits above your shoulders.

October 31, 2010 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

@ I'm here Do you actually have anything intelligent to say or can you only sling insults!

October 31, 2010 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Queen Solomon

When you allow your temper to get "Out of Control"...

Others around you must "Take Control" ....

Problems are only solved peacefully if a person/group remains "In Control"!

"Learn to Control"...Much more productive!

October 31, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • GABRIEL

Go f yourself you sociopath.

October 31, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. merle

@im here what do you want me to be told? I did lose a brother along with 342 others

October 31, 2010 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. merle

Ditto what kevin says

October 31, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. Dan

LOL at least he got his bag back though... unless they detonated it to make sure. Yeah the TSA is ridiculous though. Just another right wing fascist subgovernment we all have to deal with though. Everyone knows you can't use the word bomb in an airport or on a plane though, did that guy actually believe he had free speech?

October 31, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

sorry about my overuse of though. just got in for the night

October 31, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. merle

sorry kev I dont know one officer in my area that would pull their weapon without probable cause

October 31, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

I am from Michigan. Last year the police set a 9 year on fire with a flash bang grenade. Then they shot her in the head ... because she was running around ... because she was on fire. The police actually had the wrong apartment although it would be hard to tell because it was a split level. I grew up poor and things like this happen over and over again.

Usually the police do a good job. They are trying to do the correct thing. So are the TSA agents. They do a good job and are trying to do the right thing.

I said what I had to say and now I am done. Time to sleep.

October 31, 2010 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
    • GABRIEL

@ kevin. In my book the police are not allowed to make "mistakes" like that. If what you say is true, then her parents LEGALLY should get to set them on fire, and then shoot them in the head.

It should be a law that let you choose wether you wanted the ones that hurt you, hurt back in the same manner OR sent to prison.-

October 31, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Kana

@GABRIEL – Gee that sounds a lot like sharia law....just sayin

October 31, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Miike from Michigan

Kevin, you are so full of it. A 9 year old was accidently shot but she was not on fire nor was she running around. What is wrong with you?

October 31, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miike from Michigan

I stand corrected, it was a 7 year old and her name was Aiyana Jones. Google it and see who's a liar.

October 31, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. James

I live here in Denver and United Airlines overbooks their flights all the time. Many, many people miss their flights because of United's pretty shady business policy. Just FYI. Their are a lot of angry United passengers; however, most don't say the have a bomb. Pretty irresponsible to make a bomb threat at an airport, but another point to the story that needs looking into is United and their handling of passengers missing flights due to overbooking.

October 31, 2010 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
    • McDuck

You do realize that pretty much EVERY airline overbooks, right?

October 31, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Pat

Too much big brother I too hate flying especially on American carriers at one time passangers were guests now they are treated like Chit . . . This so called war on terror is out of hand . . . Were carriers as well as TSA treat with just a small amount of respect things would improve

October 31, 2010 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. merle

omg planes over booked. what amendant was that? no plane shall be over booked delayed or cancelled. call your congressman this miscaraige of our god given rights will not be tolorated. give me a break.

October 31, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. merle

@kevin where I live in Texas aint no walk in the park. my car was stolen I have been mugged and now rely on the bus to go where I need to go. does it suck yeah do I whine when it is raining or it is hot as hell no this is the hand I was dealt. sorry that you folks miss a flight I miss a conecting bus I am screwed. You think you have it bad open your eyes to the real world

October 31, 2010 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. fanta

With daily bomb scares Worldwide and terroroism killing tens of thousands ....there is NO joking anywhere....especially concerning airlines when it comes to this ! Anyone that chooses to do so needs to be severly punished !

October 31, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Jade

"terrorism killing thousands" ? Way less per day, on average, around the world. But ~350,000 die every day from natural causes. Terrorism uses fear to exaggerate a small risk. Cut the TSA, DHS, etc, make travel easier, and fund health.

October 31, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |