November 3rd, 2010

California's marijuana legalization measure fails

California voters have rejected Proposition 19, which would have permitted recreational marijuana use, CNN projects. Projections are based on CNN analysis of exit poll data.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Elections • Politics • Proposition 19
  1. Battle

I demand a re-count but not just any re-count I want a bush re-count so we can cheat lmao. No but really we are wasting billions fighting this war that we can't win. And if anyone is going to make money on it why not America. Cuz it won't stop and in that sense it would kinda shut down the cartels

November 3, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Squidly

Nuke the cartels!

November 3, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ohmygod

I got hi before I left the house to vote. Our marijuana referendum passed in dane county, wi! Don't give up ppl.

November 3, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Stoner

Didn't expect common since to show up and it didn't. why don't we pay for pot from the mexiconos with guns and ammo it will save them a trip to the gun store before they kill all in the way of them making a great living. Its much better than making our roads and schools new with taxes. We should always opt to send our money to criminals outside our country. How did we get so stupid as a country when everybody here is so sure they know everything about everything. Viva Mexico with our money. There really is an easy fix but the govt would rather ruin lives, make us all criminals and support those who would hold us down with our own wants.

November 3, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. McLovin

its not politically correct, so its not a viable option? At 18 my kid can get shipped overseas, can drink at 21, but cant smoke legally? Truth is pot is the least of our worries, old thinking is not the answer, your not going to stop it, whats the big problem? No money, stop wasting time and money and legalize already!

November 3, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mojomomma

I am all for legalization of herb i drank for 30 years then i tried weed to help me to quit drinking and it worked now i am quiting cigarettes with the help of pot people say marajuana is a gateway drug its been my gateway back to sobriety and away from tobacco its had a great affect on my life and i will keep on voting for it until its legal

November 3, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. WhiteKong78

Hey Battle I've smoked it before quite often. You don't know me, my past or my current lifestyle. I personally think people who burn everyday are morons, but don't think it should be illegal either. We'll always need people to flip burgers and pump gas. Pot heads in Cali just showed the country how disorganized and lazy they are. They just passed up an opportunity to legalize pot. No more conspiracy theories about "the man" lol

November 3, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. IndypendentJones

November 3, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. IndependentJones

MAKE OUTSOURCING ILLEGAL! BRING JOBS BACK SO PEOPLE CAN PAY THEIR MORTGAGES! VOTE INDEPENDENT 2012 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jerryfelldown

If ganja would become legal the guy across the street would not have five dui's.Weed is wrong so i drink my ass off.His own words.U cancer stick drunks are all full of S*&T.legalize ganja let's burn down rome.

November 3, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dhl

Umm so if we can't stop drunk driving, child molestation, cocaine usage, etc. Should we just legalize that too? I know nothing of this issue because I live about as far from CA as you can in the continental US, so won't speak to the pro/cons of legalization but the "you can't beat 'em so join 'em" rationale seems a bit childish.

November 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Brieske

eddy. No one really knows how ruthless the Mexican Drug Cartels would react to pot be grown legally in California. But I do know huge fields consisting of large areas of land would be turned into marijuana growing acreage. Now when one has a surplus (a good growing season), one must do something with that surplus. Since there are 47 other states, it's just a matter of time before the entire continental U.S. is being supplied pot by the Californians.
    But oh wait, that guy was jet skiing on the Mexican side of the lake with his wife so Mexican drug cartel people shot him. Then the Mexican policeman sent to investigate, oh they cut off his head and sent it back in a box.
    Yep, I think the Mexican Drug Cartels seem like ones to sit back watching while Californians steal all their hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars.
    You need to quit smoking weed eddy.
    jim

November 3, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Melissa

I burn every day yet I don't flip burgers! I have a great job, beautiful children and a great husband. I also suffer from facet joint arthritis and neuropathy in all of my limbs. Not everyone who burns one everyday is a burn out!!!

November 3, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kim

Just curious are there other countries that have legalized Marijtana. pot if so what is the effects in people lifes, health, and community are there serious studies that show the good, the bad, and economic result of legalized marijuana.

November 3, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SON OF A MILLIONAIRE

The problem with marijuana is; If there is such an expressed desire to "decriminalize" it what do you suppose we do with the criminals ? Do we send them to Mexico get certification training too ? Give me a break !!!

November 4, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |