November 6th, 2010

President Obama arrives in India for start of Asian tour

President Obama arrived in India on Saturday for the start of his four-nation, 10-day tour through Asia.

His first stop will be India's financial hub of Mumbai, scene of the deadly terror attacks of November 2008 that left 164 people dead.

His planned commemoration of the terrorist attack during his first event there underlines the importance that the U.S. is placing on boosting collaboration in dealing with terrorism believed to be centered in the region across India's western borders, analysts say.

"Obama's Mumbai visit is symbolic of the perspective India and the United States share on terrorism. It should lead to strengthening of counterterrorism efforts," said V.P. Malik, India's former army chief.

After India, Obama travels to Indonesia, then onto the G-20 meeting in South Korea and APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) in Japan.

Read the full CNN.com story

Post by:
Filed under: India
  1. Germaine

Ummm.....Doesn't Canada have an Unemployment of 6:1 ? Enough said !

November 8, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Germaine

Also....I'm a Democrat and very disappointed also!

November 8, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Germaine

Too many years have been watsed without a change for the better.....not a lot of quality has been added to Americans lives.....where are the jobs?

November 8, 2010 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kelly

@Germaine; I don't think, for me, "very disappointed" even really cuts it. Where ARE the jobs? I've got a Master's degree and have been out of work for nearly 12 months, but thankfully, its been less than 6 mos on the State Unemployment roles. This benefit is barely livable and there is going to be no Christmas at my house this year. Its a very said time in the lives of many, MANY Americans. I easily fill out 30-45 job applications per week + do follow-up on th months of prior applications.
    I hope that those of you who are looking for employment find it...God Bless (or whom ever you preach to...I meant no disrespect when I said "God." If I offended anyone, please accept my heartfelt apologies). Best of luck in you search. I know from excpreience that it is HARD but something will...HAS to come up!! Good luck to all! :o)

November 8, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. cesar

@Mehdi General Dr. Bad. So.

November 8, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Adam

Begging for jobs from a country who stole all the jobs from Americans? I think he wants to visit the place to find the next job after 2012

November 9, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |