November 7th, 2010

Woman charged with trying to sell grandson for $30,000

A Florida grandmother is in jail after being arrested for allegedly trying to sell her baby grandson for $30,000, in Daytona Beach, Florida, according to CNN affiliate WKMG in Orlando, Florida.

Patty Bigbee and her boyfriend, Lawrence Works, 42, were apprehended by authorities Friday afternoon in a Best Buy parking lot, where the alleged deal was supposed to go down.

Read more coverage from CNN affiliate WKMG.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Florida
  1. texmix

@ phil you the same driller?

November 8, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. cesar

@Michelle. So.

November 8, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle

@ Phil: No sir, my last name begins w/ a "Z". Do you like my writing? I may be gone soon too. My Mac will cost too much to repair and I am changing cell plans w/ no web.

@ Cesar: Dude, really? Use more words if you would like to evoke a response.

November 8, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. phil

@Michelle....sure I like your posts. The .45acp comment was a little over-the-top perhaps. And you could just get a cheap pc ya know.

November 8, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. phil

@texmix....yep, that would be me. Are you tomcat?

November 8, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. truthy

OMG, these are the stupidst posts I have ever read. People who sell children should be locked up for life.
    But there is a bigger story here. Where are the kids parents? was the baby stolen from them, was it ok with them, how did the grandma get the word out? Hummm.They don't look like rocket scientists. There are plenty of loving families who are looking for a child to adopt. All they had to do is contact a lawyer, and arrange a private adoption, sometimes they reinburse the birth mother for medical expenses, etc. There is no reason for this. It's creepy, probably has to do with drugs.

November 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nunyafukkinbiz

So 30k is what a white baby goes for these days? Sounds kind of cheap if you ask me.

November 26, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mike Hooper

Sounds like a fair price to me. Why buy all your babies overseas for $50,000. Saves time and keeps the money in the States which is good for the economy.

November 27, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |