November 10th, 2010

Federal grand jury indicts alleged 'barefoot bandit'

Colton Harris-Moore was sought in a string of home and airport break-ins in various U.S. locations.

Accused "barefoot bandit" Colton Harris-Moore was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury in connection with thefts in the Pacific Northwest over two years, federal prosecutors in Washington said.

The 19-year-old gained notoriety for allegedly stealing planes and flying without a pilot's certificate, and sometimes without shoes. His time on the run ended on July 11 when he was captured in the Bahamas after flying 1,000 miles in a stolen plane from Indiana, authorities said.

He is charged with interstate transportation of a stolen aircraft, interstate and foreign transportation of a stolen firearm, being a fugitive in possession of a firearm, piloting an aircraft without a valid airman’s certificate, and interstate transportation of a stolen vessel, the U.S. District Attorney's Office in Seattle said.

He is scheduled to be arraigned on the indictment on Nov. 18.

Read the full story on CNN.com.

1. Wild Hurricane

Wow! You cannot even make a joke for them to do so, either. Wow!

November 11, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. Wild Hurricane

All cops are criminals, and the children of judges commit crimes, as well.

November 11, 2010 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. Wild Hurricane

Wow! That got posted?
    Wow!

November 11, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. cesar

AHEAD OF THE CURVE. WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS IS MORE PEPSI AND ALUMINUM FOIL!

November 11, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pito

For the readers fyi, aluminum foil is used in the process of doing drugs. I guess, that is cesar's intent in his post, I think. Like those El Salvadorean perps do.

November 11, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. cenz

This kid is a genius and deep down inside I'm sure we all wish we had as much adventure as he did. Now that's a story to tell your kids one day lol. But for his sake I hope he has time to turn things around for himself.

November 11, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. cesar

@Pito. No Pito, you got it all wrong. I love aluminum foil for food. I don't microwave my left over pizza like you, I oven toast it. Pito, this wonderful foil is good for so many cooking uses. Next time you have a cook out with the wife and kids, wrap foil around veggies or salmon. Wow! As far as drugs go, I didn't know aluminum foil was used until now. Thanks for the tip, but no thanks. I know like most that drugs are bad. Have a nice day Pito and no aluminum foil for you.

November 11, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joseph Antrillo

I don't condone the acts themselves. But I respect the kid none the less.

November 11, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Pito

I stand by what i said. You dont even put sentences together like an english man. more someone standing in front of home depot. what the hay, we gotta love evil people too. – for food, yea right.

November 11, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |