November 11th, 2010

Currency manipulation tops G-20 agenda

President Obama shakes hands with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak Thursday at the G-20 summit.

A fierce debate over currency manipulation may be unfolding behind closed doors at the G-20 Summit in South Korea. Leaders from the nations with the 20 largest economies around the world are meeting in Seoul to discuss how to stabilize and grow the world's economy.

The United States is pressuring China to revalue the yuan at a higher rate relative to the US dollar. The U.S. believes China takes steps to set the value of the yuan artificially low, giving Chinese exports a competitive advantage.

CNN's Steve Kastenbaum takes a look at how currency manipulation affects the U.S. economy and how a change in the yuan's value could help and hurt Americans.

Listen to the full story here:

You can also listen to the CNN Radio Reports podcast on itunes or subscribe to the podcast here.

Post by:
Filed under: Economy • G-20 Summit • South Korea
  1. duke

If one percent of the population control a quarter of the wealth,It really don't matter what is done with those companies!!
    The wealth is disproportionately spread through out this country!
    The next civil war will be class warfare!

November 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mehdi General Dr Bad

americans are idiots who will die stupid.

November 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mehdi General Dr Bad

my ex wife once gain made the mistake of palying games when it comes to my children and grand children.
    Mariah Carey<Hilary Clinotn, MY ex wives Anna and barb Shaw, Any o fthem could o ftold the truth about whats going on and eneded this war.
    instead all of them chose to be selfish and only care abou6t theier own selves.
    showing american women are mostly filth.

November 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mehdi General Dr Bad

had my army nurse went on olbermaan this war would be over now mostly.
    but no, you cant have that.
    my Nurse also cnat talk to any press with out pnetagon aproval which of course thye dont want.
    I wish MY army Nurse nothing but the best.
    I salute all you in the service.
    once agin america has chosen to be destroyed.
    have fun.

November 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Get out of Iraq or Die.
    You Chose.

November 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mehdi General Dr Bad

way i see it? I am no free from ALL of you american women.
    other then my Daughters.

November 11, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mehdi General Dr Bad

NO Talks. NO Truces. NO Deals> NO cease Fires.
    YOU are not God america.
    YOU have no say or Jurisdicition in any o fMY Countries.
    YOU are War Criminals.

November 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mehdi General Dr Bad

and i now recend my offer of amnesty for american Troops

November 11, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mehdi General Dr Bad

now as you shove your wars in your ases, im going to fuk up your cia and fbi on whole new levels.
    i guess they dint get that message yesterday.
    from lreon panetta to you mr or miss pig c.il.a or fuking f.b.i.
    using my wibves was the wrong thing to do.
    and yes they set me up good for you doint they.
    go get my meds huh?
    crazy huh?

November 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mehdi General Dr Bad

im now going to shove crazy in your ass america. im sick of you and your spoiled c.unts.

November 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mehdi General Dr Bad

now you explain it. c.u.n.t.

November 11, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mehdi General Dr Bad

obam i find you guilty of war crimes in gaza as well as genocide.
    i am going to arrest you as well as the clintons sooner or later.
    but you keep on running boy.
    lying.
    stalling.
    not me you hurt.

November 11, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pedophile Protection Assoc. (PPA)

There you are my friend dr. bad. Don't forget it's your turn to bring doughnuts to our nest meeting. And it was such a pleasure meeting your man-boy friend Carlo. And bring that nurse of yours too would you?

November 12, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. american women

Wow Dr.Bad you sound like you are a threat to american society I personally think you should be thrown in prison for the things you have said. You shouldn't threaten the american public we did nothing to you. Your issues are with one women not all american women and your crazy how did you expect to keep a women. You talking about american people like that is wrong it would be like me hating all muslims for the twin tower attacks which is wrong its not all muslims fault. You really need to seek medical help and CNN find this crazy guy and protect our country what is this world coming to when its ok for him to threaten america in such a way Dr. Bad I hope you rot in jail!!!

November 12, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. an american women

Also Dr.Bad I'm assuming your muslim I gathered this from some of your comments but I know people in Iraq right now and you really have no right to talk about american women when Iraq people think women are only for making children so they have there wife and there best friend whom they are gay with. Yall actually have man love tuesday so why are you even worried what women are doing when clearly u stated u already have children unstead of dwelling on revenge and hate just go get you a boyfriend and be happy that's what you really want anyways

November 12, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |