November 12th, 2010

Overheard on CNN.com: Kittehs in the news

COMMENT OF THE DAY: "My cat does not agree with some of the findings of these researchers. The following is a statement from Teddy the Cat: 'Meow meow meeeow meow. Meow meow. Meow? Meow meow meow. Barf.' I think the hairball speaks for itself." - Sildemark

Our four-legged furry friends have made a few headlines as this week comes to a close. Stories about how cats drink and a Veteran's Day "Garfield" cartoon created a stir in our comments area, so we'll start off the roundup with them.

Check out what readers had to say about these and other top stories in the news on iReport

1. mac c

Um, spell check?

November 12, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cesar

I wonder if Jim Davis makes a lot of dough from his Garfield creation. Since 1978 world wide I guess so. I say good for him. He has made the world a better place by providing humor and a retrieve where people can momentarily escape the world's ugly bad real news.

November 13, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. GB

Learn how to spell.

November 13, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Real men love kittehs

"Kitteh" is understood to be an affectionate (and fun) way of spelling "kitty."

November 13, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. eddie r. bailey

I look around at society and realize my cats are all I can trust. If you know cats then you understand! Ask seigfried and roy what I mean.

November 13, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. cesar

Cats are pretty bright animals. I've heard turkeys are not real smart and stay in the rain, while cats head for cover. Once I saw a cartoon about Donald Duck and a turkey. The turkey was happy because he had a home and was fed very well. Donald Duck said, "Look pal, you are not a pet, you are a plump juicy turkey and come Thanksgiving, it's curtains for you." The turkey was scared. He was trembling. But Donald Duck helped him exercise. The turkey listened to Donald. Then the turkey lost so much weight that he looked like a broomstick. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and the folks no longer wanted the turkey-too skinny. But they saw Donald the Duck so plump and tasty looking, that Donald said, "Why are you looking at me like that? Wait a minute!" Then he ran off.

November 13, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michigan girl

Enough already now i am craving turkey lol! love Garfield thank you Jim Davis for the joy your cartoon brings.

November 13, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. mac c

ooops.. my mistake then. Darn, I hate that.

November 13, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michigan girl

Cats are very smart throughout my 52 years i have had hundreds of cats, on farms and other places. they know instinctivly the sound of a can opener, manual or electric they relate it to food and come running when they hear it, just love them. they are discriminating and do not take to everyone just because you want them to. they have also been known to pick pieces of food up and eat it with thier paws which is quite entertaining!

November 14, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. 517blingdongding

We have a cat. It goes to church with us every week.

We named him Mister Fuzzy. He is a god-fearing cat.

Too bad there is not a heaven for cats in the bible.

I hope he goes to cat heaven.

November 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Brans

Wow Lauren, that is my kind of Thanksgiving menu!! I love the fall decorations and the new chair. And those lgthis over the table so cool. Your house is magazine-worthy! I want to hear more Oliver's pet cat lol Random quotes from kids are THE BEST.

April 22, 2012 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |