November 12th, 2010

Some ready for another cruise after Carnival voyage

Even though they were stuck without air conditioning, hot showers and decent meals, at least four passengers who made it off a crippled Carnival Cruise Lines ship said Friday that they would go on a cruise again.

"I'm so thankful that we're all alive," Leticia Lewis said on CNN's "American Morning." "I don't wish this experience on anyone. It wasn't a wonderful event. But I would take another one."

Amber Haslerud, another passenger, said her voyage on the ill-fated Carnival Cruise ship Splendor was her first cruise, and she would also go on another one.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: California • Travel • U.S.
  1. JR

I saw the report this morning on the cruise. Would CNN tell a boat full of passengers that there was a "FIRE" to alarm everyone? Use common sense people, this isn't a hard one. I watch CNN every morning, but I thought that was poor reporting the way the story was explained "the cruise only said smoke." So what...

November 12, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Thompson

From what I read, a crankcase cracked, probably spilling what we would know as motor oil, all over that part of the engine room. Even tho it caused most of the ships power to go out, the "fire" probably burned itself out when the crankcase oil was consumed. I can imagine the amount of smoke that came from it, tho.

November 13, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Amnet

I understand wanting to go on another cruise after that. I've woken up with hangovers in the morning and went to the bar that night.

November 12, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Squidly

You MUST go on another cruise! Get back on the horse and ride again! Free is hard to beat!

November 12, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ace

Hmmmmmm i wonder whats goin to happen this time maby an ice burge na to old school what about an explotion na old again hmmmmmm a warl pool comes out of nowhere and the ship disapears mysteriously ya great news u cant get ur money back after that lol buh seriously who would go back on a cruise after not being told there was a fire on the cruise hmmmm not me

November 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thompson

Michigan girl: Like you, I would go in those unhappy passengers place any time.
      They didnt get to visit the places they planned, but re-book the same cruise on the same ship this time next year.

November 13, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thompson

Ace: Can you not, or did you intend to not make any sense at all with your comment?

November 13, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cesar

If I go on a carnival cruise, I will take my army nurse, Killen.

November 12, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. yall

why is t i..tanic censored?

November 13, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. 517blingdongding

Totally b a n g ' n report on cruises and what can happen. Carnival corporation might get a huge tax benefit. So. It's smoke kem if ya got 'em!

November 13, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. kim

If they drop the prices i would go on a cruise. Of course without the power outage....

November 13, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Michigan girl

The cruise was an adventure within an adventure. big deal they had to ruff it for a couple of days so what.they are getting all expenses reimbursed so buck up quit whining and move on! go on another cruise, its not a common occurance. it was a bit of a situation granted, but nobody died no food poison so get over yourselves. if anyone doesnt want thier replacement tickets i would be happy to go

November 13, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |