November 13th, 2010

Feds arrest Maryland official

Jack Johnson says he expects to be exonerated of corruption charges.

A county official in suburban Washington at the center of an FBI investigation into years of kickbacks says he is innocent and that the facts will prove it.

Jack Johnson, who has served as the executive of Prince George's County, Maryland, since 2002, spoke to reporters late Friday after the FBI released details of how he and his wife allegedly tried to hide checks and evidence of illegal payments, even going so far as to flush a $100,000 check down the toilet.

The Johnsons were both charged with tampering with evidence and destruction of records after they appeared in federal court late Friday in Greenbelt, Maryland, just outside the U.S. capital.

"I'm innocent of these charges and I just can't wait for the facts to come out," said Johnson. "When they come out, I am absolutely convinced that I'm going to be - that we will be vindicated."

An affidavit by an FBI investigator whose team was monitoring wiretaps detailed a dramatic end to an alleged years-long kickback scheme organized by the couple.

After the Johnsons were arrested, FBI agents searched their Mitchellville, Maryland, home, walking out with at least 10 boxes filled with evidence. U.S. Attorney Rod Rosenstein stressed the investigation is continuing.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Maryland • U.S.
  1. Mehdi General Dr Bad

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=677KDd4V-z8&w=640&h=360]

November 13, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cesar

@Mehdi. Yea, that's it, or the sun is hitting your eyes, master commander.

November 13, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Scanlan Moss

A good job by the Feds! I love it when they bust politicians for corruption. But I guess they have to pace themselves or the whole government would collapse. 😀

November 13, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mehdi General Dr Bad

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssdgFoHLwnk&w=640&h=360]

November 13, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mehdi General Dr Bad

as you see talking to americnas is waste of time. evrything including this war is a big joke.
    no, they ownt spned five minutes checking fact.
    so all their crooked leaders can go right on murdering and robing them day after day.

November 14, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. LeaMichele

I'm actually 24 Dr.Bad, so it's quite ok.

November 14, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Mehdi General Dr Bad

well Nice To Meet You. You are a Beautifull Talented woman, with a boy friend it seems.
      so other then tormenting me, is there some thing I can do for you or a question?

November 14, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Mehdi General Dr Bad

My email is originaldrbad at gmail.com for next 2 days.
      im now dumping all my email adresses along with your idiot fuking c.i.a and f.b.i.
      let them go work for a living instead of sucking of me.

November 14, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mehdi General Dr Bad

You know it use to bother me dating young women.
    but now i have pout lived most of them.
    i have buried to many young women in my Life.
    many never saw 18.

November 14, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Iraq has a new general. they are trying to set up a new goverment still. Iran has endorsed it.
    I dont.
    america has no plans of pulling ut of iraq or afghanistan.
    they ask for talk so they cna hunt and murder us. if we give talks they run and take credit for the talk and drop in violance, and they use the time to regroup and attck agaiuin.
    i give cease fires or truce, they take credit, then attck me under truce.
    this goverment is going to fail.
    Take your troops and get out of iraq or tell them what is really going on.
    from americas politicains to thier feds they have all sold out.
    all america does in iraq and afghanisdtan is waste time,money and Troops.
    you see even now becuse i do not wnat to Kill americna TRoops thye use it against me.
    and keep them there while taking credit still.
    i no longer give a dmanabout your country, your wars or your problemss.
    I took those Troops Inot Iraq and I wil bring them out one way or another.
    if that means in body bags so be it.
    im done letting clinotn and obam play games and stall.
    you keep on lying ot america, your Troops, YOur Allies, Your children, Your selves.
    but you are done lying to mine while you hid ebehind me even as you kep attacking me.
    i already no you are not going to do the right thing. or tell the truth.
    i know i waste my words and time as always.
    but now as your troops die.
    dont Blame me.
    you go ahead and serve your jew and arab masters as they and your leaders rob and murder you.
    i will pass.

November 14, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. phil

Does the word psychobabble come to mind? Anyone?

November 14, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Rusty

Another corrupt politician... If the FBI were to arrest all of the corrupt politicians we would have almost no elected officials left to run our Federal, State, or Local governments...

November 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Big shocker

If they're black, watch your back. Those people have no moral fiber.

November 14, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. CaptainObvious

People are so funny. Drugged up rock stars are just fine for whites, yet 50 Cent is the bogeyman. Maybe this politician can get a job on CNN with Eliot Spitzer. What happens when you Jack the Johnson? It Spitzers! Badoomching... Hey that reminds me of a cartoon I saw with Daffy Duck and a Turkey.

November 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cesar

@CaptainObvious-Go to Best Gore.com. Seriously, I warn you, it is gruesome. You will click away at times-just too much.

November 14, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |