November 14th, 2010

Missing Ohio teen found in basement; others still missing

A 13-year-old Ohio girl who had gone missing with her brother, mother and a family friend was found safe early Sunday, authorities said. The other three people have not been located.

Sarah Maynard has been found safe in the basement of a home in Mount Vernon, Ohio and is being evaluated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Matthew Hoffman, 30, is under arrest for kidnapping, with additional charges expected. The whereabouts of the teen's mother, Tina Herrmann, brother Kody Maynard and family friend Stephanie Sprang are still unknown.

Read more on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Ohio
  1. Lindsay

The family dog a little min pin is also missing 😦

November 15, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. joanne

My prayers are for the safe return of the family I hope that matt would find in his heart if he has one to come forward bring this family home or least call somone who he trust and tell them were the family is get the help u need

November 15, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. evsetia

New style of teror and will improve

November 15, 2010 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Wild Hurricane

I believe that God's forgiveness is alot harder to obtain than we all delude ourselves into thinking. Because we pray until we are blue in the face means nothing. One has to hold on to good behaviors all their lives. My thinking is is that death row inmates lose touch with reality, regardless of the contact they have with the outside world and are considered coherent. I should think from the moment the sentence is read, their minds begin to deteriorate. All death row inmates could be insane. God? What do they care about God? We can care, but, i think, the chance for salvation is slim.

November 15, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. Wild Hurricane

I am actually speaking for myself here. I really do not think that a sane person can commit murder, then expect God to be all peaches and cream over the whole deal. I think murders already have the whole right and wrong think work out in their heads, and think that is a game they will win. I do not see a God that is going to let these people escape his justice. We all think its okay to have our dainty little twisted delights and believe that we shall be excused. By the time a person gets to committing murder, its far, far too late to turn back. And i believe that these inmates discover that that is the case. Besides, they continually lie that they did nothing hoping for an appeal, right up to the last moment, when confession is neccessary to receive forgiveness. Confession, Now!

November 15, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. Wild Hurricane

I hear that the condemned inmates receiving sometimes suffer pain from the lethal injections because it is said some die with a tortured look on their faces- well, i say that a fear, a kind is unknown and unexpected, can grip a person in the moments before meeting their maker that would leave the tortured look on their smug faces, the same torture they inflicted on their poor victims. The lethal injections are not causing them the pain, their own sins are. (our own sins, etc)

November 15, 2010 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. Wild Hurricane

The victims were shown no mercy.

November 15, 2010 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jim Brieske

Germaine. If you were referring to me in questioning why I was speaking for God. I wasn't. I was defending him. 517Blingdongding believes God had something to do with this event. That God would choose to save one person yet allow 3 others to be murdered. That is not true! Matthew Hoffman alone determined the outcome of these innocent people's lives.
    Hoffman has done acts that are unspeakable and if you were capable of seeing the complete horror of them all, you would cry for days. I want him to tell where he has put the bodies of the little boy and two women. I do not care what is required but he is going to tell then go to Hell.
    President Bush said there were two more torture techniques other than water boarding. He didn't authorize them because he believed they crossed the line. I authorize them to be used on Hoffman. He says he was tortured. Everyone disregard it.
    Germaine, who am I? I'm the one person on this planet whose instructions are to be followed. Guess who I am? 517Blingdongding is in trouble.
    jim

November 15, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Wild Hurricane

Oh, i'm sorry. Only one person escaped. No again. If i had the money, i would organize rallys and raise social awareness. I would do the work the Martin Luther King Jr. started. Now more than ever. If anyone knows where the resources are for me to prove that i would back up where i just put my mouth, send them to poptart90@live.com

November 15, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jean

How did the authorities know to look in this guy's home?? What lead them to him?? How come they are being so closed mouth about that aspect??? They are really holding info very close to their vests!! I am so glad the girl was found alive and physically OK...let's hope we can say the same for her brother, mother and the friend.............

November 15, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. Luke

November 15, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. elisabeth

brother , mother and friend i believe they are in a freeser where, a home or in a like a truck . van .....................

November 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |