November 17th, 2010

TSA chief faces lawmakers on pat-downs, body scans

The head of the Transportation Security Administration Wednesday defended his agency's security procedures, telling lawmakers it is "using technology and protocols to stay ahead of the [terrorist] threat and keep you safe."

John Pistole's testimony before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation follows a controversy that broke out over the past week about the agency's full body scans and pat-downs.

"We've adjusted our pat-down policy that is informed by the latest intelligence," Pistole told lawmakers, acknowledging that the procedures "may
challenge our social norms."

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Air travel
  1. Sgt. Slaughter

Plus he's half Muslim

November 17, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Brieske

Sgt. Slaughter. I agree. It explains all of his behavior. He doesn't allow profiling because he is a muslim.
    I wish the Mossad, the CIA, The Heritidge Foundation or The Carlye Group would have him assassinated. Just think of what he's going to do in the next 2 years. First of all, he's going to allow the Iranians to have nuclear weapons. We're going to see a successful terrorist attack. Everything he does will be geared to get votes for the upcoming election. He's going to keep that racist thieving c u next tuesday Valerie Jarrett in the WH. He's going to continue funneling money primarily to black people by using the student loan program. Rich white men are paying for their daughters and 5 poor black males to go to college. Increasing the odds their daughter will hook up with black garbage and their wealth be inherited by some poor black people. Worst of all are the mixed children when compared to having all white children.
    This is Barack Obama's plan much like something Adolph Hitler would do.
    jim

November 17, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Brieske

Actually I apologize for writing I wish Obama was assassinated. I don't. He can't harm me with his deeds. Others should want him assassinated though. I also want him to see what he caused when this is all said and done.
    He never should have applied for the job. He hasn't a clue what is going on and what is going to occur.
    jim

November 17, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ken Young

Q's to Uncle Sam:

1. Would the security scares be reduced if you change your Mideast policy?
    2. Could you prove to us that so-called Bin Laden really exists today?
    3. Isn't it possible that some of the so-called Terror scares were man-made by your agents for political purposes?

November 22, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Soquilii

I hope Pistole gets fired and TSA gets shelved. This is too much!!!!!!

BOYCOTT AIRPORTS UNTIL THIS IDIOCY CEASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. El Gaupo

I contend that on any given day there is a greater chance for me to be run over by a car, crushed by a falling tree, getting struck by lightning or winning the lottery than there is for me to die at the hands of a terrorist on an airplane even if TSA didn't exist at all. Obviously, I don't have a problem simply leaving the house every day to face all of these things! Personally, I'd rather take my chances flying without any TSA around to make my life more miserable at every possible turn. I'll take those odds any day and sleep like a baby. If you ask me, the main reason for the TSA is to increase the perception that we are in constant danger and need them and our Govt to protect us more and more (plus line the pockets of all the supporting industry)....Well, I don't want their protection or interference in my life and I sure as heck have a big problem supporting them with my tax dollars. I'm glad that people are fighting back and getting this organization back on its heels. Collectively, we far outnumber them and they've finally pushed us too far...I really hope that they've awakened the "sleeping giant" that is the American people and that it squashes them flat!

November 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. barbara schiffler

Even if I never get a pat down, the very idea of it is Orwellian. The citizens of this country have surrendered their civil rights with no good cause. I will never fly again.

November 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |