November 17th, 2010

Verdict reached in Ahmed Ghailani case

Ahmed Ghailani, the first Guantanamo detainee tried in civilian court, was found not guilty on all counts except one in connection with the 1998 bombing of U.S. Embassies in Africa.

Ghailani was convicted of conspiracy to destroy public property. He was charged with conspiracy and murder in the 1998 attacks on embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Read about deliberations in the case

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Guantanamo • Kenya • Terrorism
  1. CPT Comedy

Condon – so go sign up and go fight. Personally, having done my 20, I'm happy to turn it over to you

November 17, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lobo

Who is with lobo? Does anyone have a printing press so we can make flyers to post around town? We can also make greeting cards!!

November 17, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Brieske

Thank you Eric Holder and Barack Obama. Fuk you! You try the rest of these guilty terrorist monsters by Military Tribunal or I will look foward to both of you being lynched before this is all said and done. You fukheads.
    jim

November 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Condon

@CPT Comedy, I've done my time in the sand and heat. But if they called me tomorrow and soldier head back I would

November 17, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • NOBODY999

Lot's of middle eastern trolls working the page, don't let them mess with you.

November 17, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CPT Comedy

While we're looking to try war criminals, let's send W, Cheney and Rumsfeld to The Hague

November 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lobo

@ Jim, you tell them brotha! This is Lobo and I think Jim is with Lobo!

November 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MrNoDoze

@John Beasley: He has been in custody for 12 years. I'm not sure if he can get a life sentence for conspiracy in a case like this, but if he is sentenced to less then he already has time served on the order of 12 years. I can't believe people are saying this guy got railroaded.

November 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CPT Comedy

So did I. I guess I just came back with a greater appreciation of human life

November 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lobo

CPT- W is a great patriot, a man who, despite his shortcomings tried to do everything he could to protect us americans. This current government is more concerned with being allowed to grope my genitals at the airport.

November 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CPT Comedy

W is an idiot who let the spawn of satan run things from his underground lair

November 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Condon

I value a humans life above all else. I do not consider muslim extremists who want only to maime and murder innocents worthy of my love of the human race.

November 17, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Condon

CPT Comedy. I think we can both agree that W had too many people around him who were able to sway him and his policies, but as a man and a president, W was truly concerned for our safety. Perhaps had he a different VP it might have worked out better!

November 17, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. CPT Comedy

Condon – I KNEW we could find common ground. Congress should take a lesson from us, no?

November 17, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. alistare

One major concern I have is the personality cult that Obama is trying to create. That's how Stalin, Mao and Sung got started

November 17, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |