Country singer Willie Nelson was arrested Friday on charges of marijuana possession by the U.S. Border Patrol in Sierra Blanca, Texas, CNN has confirmed.
No further details were available, and a message left for Nelson's publicist has not been returned.
Oh big deal. Willie doesn't care of this idiot charge and neither do I.
My late best friend was "on the road" with Willie many years ago. He told me he was his "PR"......Paper Roller. He said he would toss him a bag and he would start rolling.
My friend died of chirosis of the liver from drinking......at the age of 56.
Too bad the USA still thinks pot is such a big threat.
This if BY FAR THE BEST POST yet. Listen & enjoy.
I, on the other hand, would be more than eager to smo.........
Until the tobacco companies find a way to wrest complete control of the cultivation and sale of cannabis nationwide, it will remain illegal. Not only that, but they'll wait for that critical tipping point, where enough people have wisened up and quit tobacco, and enough people are on board the canna-bus, that they can roll out a seamless transition (profit-wise) of product. Once they figure that out, it may be legal, but say "bye bye" to the pure, natural, non-addictive pot we know and love. Devils.
Stupidest story ever.
The Judicial and Law Enforcement sectors of the United States need an Enema. Cops chase speeders and not tailgaters or the people that drive slow in the fast lane.
We waste more money on chasing a weed that grows everywhere than we do fighting wars.
Here are a few ideas to throw out there.
1. Legalize Weed. Tax it.
2. Mandatory death penalty for convicted foreign drug smugglers... (The US will take care of itself, thanks though).
3. Mandatory death penalty for violent street gang members that hurt innocents – (keep your dirty business indoors, off the streets and behind the scenes please)
4. Mandatory legislation that states that any member elected to congress, presidency, senate.. or office of a higher or top federal stature must have that individual drop any and all political party ties and affiliations (end the two party system and bi-partisanship)
5. Tell our political leaders to stop being arrogant and shouting too the world that this is the greatest nation on the planet. Its not. But its worth respecting and fighting for.
6. Nuke North Korea and tell the rest of the world (China, Egypt, France, Russia) that they need to start cleaning up their own back yards, we are tired of doing it alone.
7. How about saving the planet?
8. Stop buying everything from India and China. Unless they actually do something productive in our global society in terms of helping stop pollution or cleaning up human garbage bent on genocide and terror.
9. End the corrupt taxation system and Implement the Fair Tax
10. Finally, instead of showing your displeasure in direction of legislation and how the government is going by simply voting in a bunch of the other political party (more of the same in reality). Start telling your government that its time for common sense, priorities straightened out, and action. Or you will simply loose your job. Even if it takes voting in members originating from alternative political parties.
Right on alex, where do we sign-up
Isn't it interesting that factory workers (min. wage) have random drug testing, but police, teachers , and politicians don't.
Alternate headline: "Idiots waste lots of peoples time and taxpayer dollars in Texas".
I LIKE SMOKIN WEED....SEEMS TO BE WHAT I NEED.
So we're going after publicly avowed, harmless citizens who do more for grassroots organizations and not after the murderers and rapists -still- ? Leave the man alone. He has done more for his fellow Texans through participation in outreach programs and other charities than most people will do for their fellow man in a lifetime. He smokes pot?
Seriously. Go after the real criminals. Not pot smokers for f***'s sake.
I haven't smoked pot for 20 years, but I firmly believe that criminalizing people for smoking it is not only wrong, but hypocritically wrong.
here's a good story on the subject: http://goodflagbetsy.wordpress.com/incarceration/
Unless he was busted with literally a ton or excess of a ton... WHO CARES? Who the hell are we to outlaw nature?
another violent criminal aprehended good job! I feel safer knowing that this makes alcohol look like sunshine and unicorns
What a waste of government resources.. Pot should be legalized! This guy wasn't causing anyone any problems. Leave him alone!
also found this – looks like willie breaking out of jail: