November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. melli ann

I loved that guy! I never caught "Forbidden Planet," but totally enjoyed the Naked Gun movies. The first "Tammy and the Bachelor" was also a favorite when I was a kid.

November 28, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brian

I will miss him 🙁

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mobeer4me

Man, YOU were quite funny. A fantastic actor, he cracked me up for many years. We will miss you, but you will never be forgotten! RIP, you probably still got 1 movie left in ya, hehe!

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. IM

So sad to see him go, one of very few famous personalities whom I really had respect for. I always have the "Police Squad: In Color" episodes on hand to watch when I feel down.

Rest in Peace, Sir. I can't even come up with an appropriate quote that hasn't already been said. So I'll go with the answer to the offer for a "Cigarette?" ... " Yes, I know".

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. J

He should never die. He won't die in our hearts or our minds. That's what matters.

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ryan

He lived a very long and full life, just really a shame he wasn't able to get another Naked Gun released. RIP.

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Yaara

Nielsen, 84, died in a hospital near his home...

A hospital? What is it?

November 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important now.

RIP

November 28, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tom

sorry to faimly he made a lot of people laugh

November 28, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tom

Condolences to his family. Sad to see you go. You made me laugh many times. RIP.

November 28, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. 44tep

cant wait for nordberg to join you . dam i forgot he has reservations elsewhere

November 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mike c

Ryan Harrison: Your dog sure has a surprised look on his face.
    Lauren: That's because you're looking at his butt.
    Ryan Harrison: Uh, then he's certainly not going to enjoy that treat I just fed to him.

November 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. J. Mark Lane

Damm. Well, I guess we've all got to go some time. RIP, Mr. Niesen. Your unique brand of humor has made its way into the daily lexicon of the English language. In my own life, hardly a week goes by that I don't make use of it. "What's the temperature?" "Well, it's a measure of the ambient conditions of the immediate atmosphere, but that's not important." You changed the world, and for the better!

November 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Magic Mike

Do you remambwr him as THE SWAMP FOX...a Disney series circa 1962. If I had a penny for every time I've said "I just want to wish you both good lick, we'ra all counting on you". I'd be a rich man

November 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gulfmar

Nice beaver!!! Rest in peace Leslie Nielsen.

November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. themo

You have made millions laugh such a wonderful accomplishment! Now you can rest easy & be joined with your
    fellow thespians that have preceded you. Rest in peace Leslie & thank you for your wonderful giggles.

November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |