November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. rugbydan

As much as I too loved his comedy, lest we forget Mission Impossible and the Poseidon Adventure........thanks for the laughs!

November 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. OneWayOut

So many laughs, his movies are even funny by todays standards. Love Naked Gun.

November 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. don

He was one of the last of the "they really don't make 'em like that anymore" people.

November 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. pugas

Leslie, thanks for leaving your humor for us to enjoy over and over. The world certainly needs it.

November 28, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. B.J.Hardesty

Right now, Hope he's up there looking down at us laughing about all of this x-mas bs that he doesnt have to deal with anymore. I think I'm the only person at UofM (ann arbor) who carried around VHS tapes of Naked Gun 1, 2 & 3 for my four years and forced people to watch! Love you Leslie! Take care of our loved ones up there and make sure you make them laugh like you always made me! BJ

November 28, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Buddy

RIP Leslie – you gave myself and many others some really great laughs over the years. My condolences to his family. You'll be missed!

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sad Sad Day

Man that really really suks. He was one of the funniest guys EVER. Thanks for all of the laughs Leslie, you will be sorely missed.

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ben

Leslie will be sadly missed, I grew up laughing at his naked gun movies, such a comedic talent,RIP Mr. Nielsen.

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. yourboycal

We lost more then well ever know ....r.i.p Leslie Nielsen

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AndyDevine

Nice Beaver. RIP Leslie. Thanks for the laughs

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. KC

I remember having to write a movie review for English 101 in my freshman year at Elizabeth Seton College. I choose Airplane but I didn't see the movie and rewrote the review from Time Mag-My teacher had a subscription, I got the Big F, but he gave me a second chance, told me to see the movie and get the paper to him in 48 hrs-I saw it, the funniest ever, and it got me my best grade ever in school-A+. I've seen every movie he made since-funny on Thanksgiving during dinner, I was telling my kids the story-RIP-will always be remembered-

November 28, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Observation

Leslie brought so much joy by giving of himself as he moved through life. He was an inspiration for the rest of us, especially me, who are becoming older with years that we can bring joy and laughter at any age. You shall be missed in the joy of life hidden from view in this system of things.

November 28, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LP

Do you like movies about gladiators?

November 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |