November 28th, 2010

Actor Leslie Nielsen dies of complications from pneumonia

Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his film roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" series, died Sunday of complications from pneumonia, his family said.

Nielsen died in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by his wife and friends. He was 84.

"In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to the charity of your choice," the family said in a statement.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. AL

Very funny man. Abrahms, Zucker could write it, but Leslie made it come alive like no one else. Condolences to his family....It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now....

November 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nathan

Thanks for the entertainment. RIP

November 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Don Amidon

I guess he didn't have the lasagna

November 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Elaine Fogel

I was fortunate to have worked closely with Leslie on several occasions when I lived in Toronto. I enjoyed spending time with him and hearing stories about his youth in Canada, his early career, and his later comedic roles in film. I will cherish that time and the photos I have to remind me of his sense of humor, his love of golf, his favorite drink, and the time I introduced him to my favorite Chinese seafood restaurant. May he rest in peace.

November 28, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick Courchaine

Elaine, you were truly blessed to be able to be around him.. What was his drink of choice, a few of us would like to have one in his honor.

Thanks

Rick

November 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DRJ1943

A superb actor, comedian and all around nice guy. Audiences knew what the inuendos and comments meant, but he never resorted to 4 letter words to get a laugh. Leslie Nielsen was a class act, a gentleman and I'm thankful for all the laughts he gave us. Rest in Peace.

November 28, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. james

Stop calling me Shirley.

November 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • mom_of_3

It's a hoax people.Hubby just found out that its going all over internet.Found out it's a lie. YAY! Les lives on!!!

November 28, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

Sorry, mom_of_3...but it's NOT a hoax. It's been verified. There were some initial reports because the initial announcement came out via Twitter, but he really has died. You and your husband should have checked a little further.

November 28, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob Allan

Today's piece on the Today show ended with a FART!!!

November 29, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. beethovenopus27

Thank you for all the good times Leslie. RIP.

November 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Caesar

When I realized how we all stopped squabbling for a moment, because of this wonderful Person, maybe we can Honor him by tring to all be a lttle better to each other. starting with myself.
    Thank You, and RIP MR. Nielsen

November 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Steph

RIP Leslie Nielsen :'( You will be greatly missed. <3 Thanks for the laughs!

November 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Brandon

He was my favorite comedic actor growing up and he will be missed. Rest in peace, Leslie!

November 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Hollywood has lost one of it's greatest and so have we. Nielson was one of a kind and leaves a legacy never to be forgotten.

November 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jamie

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit watching Leslie Nielsen movies!!! RIP...too many late nights laughing with you and Thank God they're immortalized on film!!!

November 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 'Waymystick

Thanks for the memories!!!

November 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gus

THANKS FOR THE MOMORIES...THE LAUGHS..AND THE WORLD MOURNS....

November 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Snake

Time to pop in my "Forbidden Planet" DVD.

RIP.